Passive tame using fish caught in Fish Basket in your 0-slot.
Larger X value fish seem to giver higher percentage tame per feed.
Fish Basket Tips:
1) Place basket in water and it will take several seconds before it is active. Once active you watch for fish to go near it and press E to catch it in the trap.
2) Fish in basket have a spoil timer. Place basket on hotbar and get in the water to refresh spoil timer.
3) Fish in basket can be released (into protected waters for security) and be “tamed”. You can later come back and put a basket down again to quickly re-catch the fish again. This allows you to have fish on standby for when you happen upon that particular Shadowmane you have been wanting.
4) Waiting on fish to get near basket can be a test in patience. Piranaha however will attack you, and can therefore be kited to a basket, where you will have a split second to catch it in the basket before it destroys the basket.
Taming Shadowman Tips:
1) Where Full Ghillie
2) The Shadowmane will do a few little circles when it is about to goto sleep
3) Crouch when within 30m of them.
4) I seemed to notice that if I had something in my hands, then they would wake just before I got there…so I go in empty handed.
5) If it aggros you, then taming will reset to 0.0%…so dont let it aggro you
6) As soon as you feed it, turn around and run away a good distance.
7) The taming does not wear off unless you get aggro…so be patient.
8) If there, is more than one Shadowmane in the group, it isnt required, but sure is easier if you take the time to split the group (fly high above in tek suit and shoot the unwanted ones with a rifle while they are all sleeping)
Since Shadowmanes have eight attacks/abilities, let me walk you through how to use them on a Playstation!
Primary attack: this one’s easy, press the right trigger.
Teleport/lightning attack: double click the left trigger near a creature.
Teleport attack (with radar ability): hold the left trigger down until a target is found, then press it again.
High jump: hold down X until crosshairs appear. The longer you hold the higher and further the jump.
Camouflage: click the right joystick.
Charged attack: hold down the right trigger. (You can only use this attack when the bar at the bottom of the screen is full and the shadowmane’s eyes are glowing. If you deal the final blow with the attack, it will automatically recharge.)
Roar pack bonus (male): double click the right joystick.
All tame cloak (female): double click the right joystick.
This creature is the crown jewel of ark creatures, as it is fast, strong, has good weight, can take a hit, and cloaks and swims incredibly fast. As well as everything listed above, they have a dash attack that hits multiple targets, and gets a crazy mate boost. There more, but I’m tired of typing how good shadowmanes are🙂
The Shadowmane is a chimerical prowler creature in ARK: Genesis Part 2. It has a fast chain-teleport-strike attack that can hit multiple targets in a row. The Shadowmane can also cloak those around it. It has been described as the King of the Twisted, the Queen of the Coral Ridge, and the Arbiter of Shadows.
What does a Shadowmane eat?In ARK: Survival Evolved, the Shadowmane eats Filled Fish Basket (1.5x Fish), Filled Fish Basket (1.0x Fish), and Filled Fish Basket (0.5x Fish).