Passive tame using fish caught in Fish Basket in your 0-slot.
Larger X value fish seem to giver higher percentage tame per feed.
Fish Basket Tips:
1) Place basket in water and it will take several seconds before it is active. Once active you watch for fish to go near it and press E to catch it in the trap.
2) Fish in basket have a spoil timer. Place basket on hotbar and get in the water to refresh spoil timer.
3) Fish in basket can be released (into protected waters for security) and be “tamed”. You can later come back and put a basket down again to quickly re-catch the fish again. This allows you to have fish on standby for when you happen upon that particular Shadowmane you have been wanting.
4) Waiting on fish to get near basket can be a test in patience. Piranaha however will attack you, and can therefore be kited to a basket, where you will have a split second to catch it in the basket before it destroys the basket.
Taming Shadowman Tips:
1) Where Full Ghillie
2) The Shadowmane will do a few little circles when it is about to goto sleep
3) Crouch when within 30m of them.
4) I seemed to notice that if I had something in my hands, then they would wake just before I got there…so I go in empty handed.
5) If it aggros you, then taming will reset to 0.0%…so dont let it aggro you
6) As soon as you feed it, turn around and run away a good distance.
7) The taming does not wear off unless you get aggro…so be patient.
8) If there, is more than one Shadowmane in the group, it isnt required, but sure is easier if you take the time to split the group (fly high above in tek suit and shoot the unwanted ones with a rifle while they are all sleeping)
Since Shadowmanes have eight attacks/abilities, let me walk you through how to use them on a Playstation!
Primary attack: this one’s easy, press the right trigger.
Teleport/lightning attack: double click the left trigger near a creature.
Teleport attack (with radar ability): hold the left trigger down until a target is found, then press it again.
High jump: hold down X until crosshairs appear. The longer you hold the higher and further the jump.
Camouflage: click the right joystick.
Charged attack: hold down the right trigger. (You can only use this attack when the bar at the bottom of the screen is full and the shadowmane’s eyes are glowing. If you deal the final blow with the attack, it will automatically recharge.)
Roar pack bonus (male): double click the right joystick.
All tame cloak (female): double click the right joystick.
This creature is the crown jewel of ark creatures, as it is fast, strong, has good weight, can take a hit, and cloaks and swims incredibly fast. As well as everything listed above, they have a dash attack that hits multiple targets, and gets a crazy mate boost. There more, but I’m tired of typing how good shadowmanes are🙂
Fungal Wood can be found in the swamp on Asgard (purple trees) and in the Aberration caves. It just doesn’t look like the Aberration trees we’re familiar with. Look for small wooden like stalks holding a round white seed like pod. Hack away.
Are you considering taming a shadowmane? I may have some ideas on how you can! But first as with all of these, everything I say in this tip is entirely up to you to decide, however you tackle this beast in however you feel necessary with :D Now let’s get started shall we? Ok this is not a common beginners tame, as it’s a timed passive tame creature! If you have access to a rockdrake, I suggest bringing one to use it’s cloaking ability to scope one out! I also recommend some cactus broth to keep you undercover when things go south (medical brews might be necessary when dealing with these guys for the first time) also I recommend bringing flak/ Tek /or ghillie as you eithor want full taming effectiveness or just simply do not want to die! Now let’s start off with the taming supplies: All you need is tons of fish baskets and determination! Now let’s figure out where to find these guys! I’ve located them in fjordur, they spawn in asgards rockdrake laggoon! They hang out near the shore as well as the little islands within it! And this is where the chaotic taming process begins! Step 1: whip out your fish basket and yoink some fish ( most of the fish will do, as long as they are bigger than 0.5 size however the bigger the fish the faster and better taming and taming effectiveness will be) Step 2: grab your rock drake and use the cloak ability, this will make you invisible to basically anything! Step 3: Find one that’s alone (or go the passive aggressive way of finding a pack of them, single out one and beat the rest up) Why one that’s alone you may be wondering, because packs are harder to sneak up on, and why sneak up on them? Because you tame them while they sleep, they sleep for about 10/15 seconds until they wake up, then they walk arround and if they don’t see anything worth chasing down they will go back to sleep, however they have 2 blind spots and a single one will be a sitting duck to tame, because a pack of them may take advantage of this! They cannot see behind they’re back or they’re tail, to feed them the fish you have to crouch and sneak up to them using said blindspot and feed them, this is another part where the drake steps in, once you feed it the fish, you stealthily yet swiftly make your way to the drake to once again cloak, as the shadowmane will wake up and go invisible to hunt you down! Since the shadowmane cannot see you can simply follow it until it becomes visible once again and goes straight back to bed! Rinse and repeat! Eventually you got yourself a all and all great tame! What can this lion crossbred with a lion fish do? I can explain! Alright this creature is well rounded out, it’s attacks are swift and when attacking a creature will slowly generate a buff making its attacks more and more powerful! Ever seen a rapter attacking something? Pfft this things practically a ninja! It can be ridden without a saddle but if you look in its inventory it has its own natural armor! Also this creature has a pack ability when you tame a male and a few females, the male (when you hold down c and right click) will roar giving every shadowmane in the vicinity another buff, it consists of armor boosting, a damage buff, and not to mention a major speed buff! Also the shadowmane has multiple diffrent ability’s consisting: of a huge leap (doesn’t require mateboost), a flash attack( basically goes top speed and smacks whatever creature is closest) and the cloaking ability, its pretty self explanatory, other than its kinda slow! I hope my info will help you along the way! Good luck!
Both male and female can cloak themselves, but female can also cloak all dinos in an area around it, while the males cannot. The males can instead give a courage effect I imagine is similar to Yutys, but I don’t know for sure. Both male and female also have a powerful charged jump, and a dash attack where they teleport between a group of creatures and damage them, and also stun them for a couple seconds