Passive tame using fish caught in Fish Basket in your 0-slot.
Larger X value fish seem to giver higher percentage tame per feed.
Fish Basket Tips:
1) Place basket in water and it will take several seconds before it is active. Once active you watch for fish to go near it and press E to catch it in the trap.
2) Fish in basket have a spoil timer. Place basket on hotbar and get in the water to refresh spoil timer.
3) Fish in basket can be released (into protected waters for security) and be “tamed”. You can later come back and put a basket down again to quickly re-catch the fish again. This allows you to have fish on standby for when you happen upon that particular Shadowmane you have been wanting.
4) Waiting on fish to get near basket can be a test in patience. Piranaha however will attack you, and can therefore be kited to a basket, where you will have a split second to catch it in the basket before it destroys the basket.
Taming Shadowman Tips:
1) Where Full Ghillie
2) The Shadowmane will do a few little circles when it is about to goto sleep
3) Crouch when within 30m of them.
4) I seemed to notice that if I had something in my hands, then they would wake just before I got there…so I go in empty handed.
5) If it aggros you, then taming will reset to 0.0%…so dont let it aggro you
6) As soon as you feed it, turn around and run away a good distance.
7) The taming does not wear off unless you get aggro…so be patient.
8) If there, is more than one Shadowmane in the group, it isnt required, but sure is easier if you take the time to split the group (fly high above in tek suit and shoot the unwanted ones with a rifle while they are all sleeping)
Since Shadowmanes have eight attacks/abilities, let me walk you through how to use them on a Playstation!
Primary attack: this one’s easy, press the right trigger.
Teleport/lightning attack: double click the left trigger near a creature.
Teleport attack (with radar ability): hold the left trigger down until a target is found, then press it again.
High jump: hold down X until crosshairs appear. The longer you hold the higher and further the jump.
Camouflage: click the right joystick.
Charged attack: hold down the right trigger. (You can only use this attack when the bar at the bottom of the screen is full and the shadowmane’s eyes are glowing. If you deal the final blow with the attack, it will automatically recharge.)
Roar pack bonus (male): double click the right joystick.
All tame cloak (female): double click the right joystick.
This creature is the crown jewel of ark creatures, as it is fast, strong, has good weight, can take a hit, and cloaks and swims incredibly fast. As well as everything listed above, they have a dash attack that hits multiple targets, and gets a crazy mate boost. There more, but I’m tired of typing how good shadowmanes are🙂
Both male and female can cloak themselves, but female can also cloak all dinos in an area around it, while the males cannot. The males can instead give a courage effect I imagine is similar to Yutys, but I don’t know for sure. Both male and female also have a powerful charged jump, and a dash attack where they teleport between a group of creatures and damage them, and also stun them for a couple seconds
Fungal Wood can be found in the swamp on Asgard (purple trees) and in the Aberration caves. It just doesn’t look like the Aberration trees we’re familiar with. Look for small wooden like stalks holding a round white seed like pod. Hack away.
All you need is 1 stone foundation and 8 walls, hover over top with your tek suit let it teleport to you it will fall into the trap, turn your chest off and poof, you can feed through walls like any other passive tame, no need for all this other stuff.