Passive tame using fish caught in Fish Basket in your 0-slot.
Larger X value fish seem to giver higher percentage tame per feed.
Fish Basket Tips:
1) Place basket in water and it will take several seconds before it is active. Once active you watch for fish to go near it and press E to catch it in the trap.
2) Fish in basket have a spoil timer. Place basket on hotbar and get in the water to refresh spoil timer.
3) Fish in basket can be released (into protected waters for security) and be “tamed”. You can later come back and put a basket down again to quickly re-catch the fish again. This allows you to have fish on standby for when you happen upon that particular Shadowmane you have been wanting.
4) Waiting on fish to get near basket can be a test in patience. Piranaha however will attack you, and can therefore be kited to a basket, where you will have a split second to catch it in the basket before it destroys the basket.
Taming Shadowman Tips:
1) Where Full Ghillie
2) The Shadowmane will do a few little circles when it is about to goto sleep
3) Crouch when within 30m of them.
4) I seemed to notice that if I had something in my hands, then they would wake just before I got there…so I go in empty handed.
5) If it aggros you, then taming will reset to 0.0%…so dont let it aggro you
6) As soon as you feed it, turn around and run away a good distance.
7) The taming does not wear off unless you get aggro…so be patient.
8) If there, is more than one Shadowmane in the group, it isnt required, but sure is easier if you take the time to split the group (fly high above in tek suit and shoot the unwanted ones with a rifle while they are all sleeping)
All you need is 1 stone foundation and 8 walls, hover over top with your tek suit let it teleport to you it will fall into the trap, turn your chest off and poof, you can feed through walls like any other passive tame, no need for all this other stuff.
So this is my theory.. Lions are a mammal, the shadow mane looks very similar and it runs as a pride/pack. So therefore it’s babies will be Cubs. If that’s the case, then i think you will have to tame a Maewing, find the lions den and use the Maewing to steal a cub and raise it yourself. Kind of like stealing eggs from wyverns or rock drakes etc. That’s just my thought anyway.
IMPORTANT: When you have fish baskets if you put them in your hot bar and go into deep enough water the health bar of the basket resets!!! That way you can spend longer finding big fish and just keep getting the baskets wet till you are readyto tame your Shadowmane!
Wildcard needs to make it to where fish baskets can be placed near enemy structures because everyone on PvE has pillared along every single river and pond and it is near impossible to find a decent spot to catch any fish.
When you catch the fish, throw it back out and cryopod it for later. Build a 4 foundation 16 wall square trap with no roof. Hover over it and shoot the mayne with an arrow. It will teleport into the trap, and then leave render as fast as possible. Come back in at low altitude so it cant see you. From then on you’re good, no need for ghillie. Feed it fish nonstop until it tames, even while invisible! It seems to sleep for longer while in this trap too, currently 21:26 and still sleeping...
They only spawn in the Rockwell biome on genesis part 2, usually near rivers
To tame a shadow mane you need to get fish in a basket, the higher multiplier the quicker the taming speed. I recommend coelencath
Put the fish in your last slot of your hotbar.
During the day the shadow mane will occasionally lie down and sleep, only during the day.
However they do travel in packs, so I recommend aggravating one and leading it away from the pack.
If they aggro they will do their stun dash up at you and if I’m a pack they will all do it, getting you stuck and easy to kill, I know as it happened to me about 10 times
You can also trap it as well.
When it falls asleep you have to approach it from behind otherwise it will anger and lose all taming percentage.
To lower the chance of being detected wear a ghillie suit, or you can use the federation tek suit to stay in the air until it sleeps and land far enough away that it doesn’t wake up and close enough that it doesn’t take too long to approach.
The shadow manes don’t have saddles but do have armour ratings.
The ultimate bar fills up when you attack, but if you kill something with the ultimate it refills immediately, side note, the ultimate effect looks dope.
Hold the jump button to do a charge jump, the longer you hold it the further it goes
You can also do the charge jump from in the water
They are really good swimmers
They have the stun dash attack which can hit any number of targets that is in the range of the attack, tested it with a lot of charge bugs in one foundation.
The stun dash can be done upwards and they will do that in the wild
With mate boost, the males can roar and boost the others in the pack, while the females can turn all creatures in a certain area invisible, without affecting movement speed. But if you go too far away you lose the invisibility.
They are very good boss fight creatures, just look at syntac’s video.
They are incredibly fun to play around with
They are breedable
I like to call mine the names from the lion king or if I’ve got too many, from thunder cats.
fill hot bar with food that way its a easy refill,,, build / 4 stone foundations, 16 walls(preferably next to water) kite one to youre "room" hover above it will teleport just behind you so pretty easy for it to fall in, drop and run so it doesnt teleport back out, leave render range so it deaggroos and will sleep, and then poof you can feed through the walls. and make sure the treats dont spoil from said nearby watersource. up so ppl see, this makes then a total cake walk
Taming a shadow mane is not as easy as it looks. The first thing your going to need to do is get the taming food for the shadowmane, which is fish in fish baskets. Try to catch big fish because the bigger the fish the more the taming effectiveness. Now your going to need to find one. Finding shadowmanes are relatively easy considering they live along rivers and bodies of water, be careful though as they can be in packs of 3 - 6 or less. Once you have found a shadow mane try to isolate it from its pack so that you don’t get attacked by the other pack members, then build a 4 foundation, 16 wall, 4 ramp trap and lure the shadow mane inside. Once the shadowmane is unaggro’d on the trap you can feed it, shadowmanes are nocturnal so because of this they will take short naps in the daytime which is how you feed them fish in fish baskets. If you follow these tips I guarantee you will tame yourself a decent high level shadowmane to conquer the ark with. I wish you the best of luck survivor!