ARK: Survival Evolved Companion
I found one at a river area there were two before but three trikes killed one but the river area was pretty far from my base and I also died to a raptor that I wanted to tame but when I came back the raptor was gone sadly I had tranq arrows but didn't have crossbows bc I was still lv24 ;-;so I had to wait till I got the crossbow then it was shooting time for the sarco but I hope it doesn't die to the trikes that killed the other one
More Sarco Taming & KO Tips
Having trouble taming a sarco?
Here are some tips:
1. Find a large, open space with little to no other creatures around that will attack you or the sarco when unconscious.
2. Once you find a safe place, find a rock or a ledge that is high enough so the sarco can't reach you.
3. Use tranq arrows but check on the torpor and health ever other or every other 2 hits.
4. When the torpor gets high and the sarco starts running away, don't hit it with another tranq arrow unless the torpor starts to drop again. It should be unconscious within 8-10 seconds.
5. Once unconscious, tame with either prime meat or the preferred kibble and have at least 100 narco berries in the inventory.
Sarcos: all you need to know
Sarcos are strong early-mid game mounts that work as great tanks and defenders. They are best used in beaches and swamps, due too their fast speed in water, but slow speed on land. To tame a Sarco it’s best to used traqs since they have high melee. Get one trapped (which is very easy), build a trap, or simply walk backwards or hover on a flying mount. The dangers of taming a Sarco is, of course, it’s powerful jaws and tendency to leap out of nowhere. You have to watch out for the other creatures as well. Especially the jumpy saber Sarco. Once nocked feed it RAW FISH meat as it take almost 5x less to tame then reg meat. Once you have this guy craft a saddle and ride this terrifying beast! On another note, to kill a Sarco, simply shoot it or bombard it. They are really bad when attacked by multiple strong targets so use that to ur advantage. Hope this was helpful! 100 ^ for more!
-Sarco Master 🐊
I just knocked one out. I was very afraid of these monsters before but its actually a quite easy tame! I recommend this snappy thing for beginners underwater mounts. Good luck taming it. [Up so the noobs see ;D]
What you need to tame a sarco as a noob
2:find a sarco
3:get in between the hind leg and the tail
4:start punching until unconscious
5:give sarco meat
6:congratulate yourself for taming a sarco
If this helped,pls leave a like if helped
I was lvl 3 when i tamed him i used bat and i was running around and punching him in stomach. Befire that i killed some dodos and feed him. Make my comment go up so new ark players can see it plz
DO NOT listen to the person who wrote the following comment: “DO NOT tame in the lower south cave. It will get stuck on the way out and be trapped there forever.”. If it can’t (which will most likely be the case if tamed down there, because (in my experience) Sarcos struggle just entering the cave with how wide they are. But don’t listen to that guy. Just summon it out in the “Request Creature” tab and wait for it to teleport (I have summoned creatures out of the cave when they get stuck and they teleport just fine). Share this with anyone you know who struggles with that.
How to tame a sarco:
1. Craft bow and tranq arrows (if you’re a starter and you use wooden bat, you’ll just end up getting eaten)(Narcotics+stone arrow)
2. Find a sarco (not too high level or you might die) in a swamp or something. (I spawned in the Arctic when I didn’t mean to, so that’s where I got mine)
3. Get on a high rock or get it stuck and shoot it, shoot it, shoot it
4. Watch it’s corpse fall
5. Put meat/kibble in inventory (I suggest raw prime meat)
6. Wait and kill some more things
7. Name him/her sarco I (the first)
8. Don’t make him/her kill dimorphodons (Sarco I almost died)
9. Make a saddle for your sarco (a saddle for your sarco)
10. Swim and play everyday
Up if helpful. Listen to the tips. They may just save your life.
How to tame: Step 1: Prepare yourself a Bow, Crossbow, Longneck Rifle, any weapon that is ranged. Step 2: Craft a tranquilizer arrow, Dart etc. A tranquilizer arrow can be unlocked in lvl 21 Step 3: Find a sarco and tranqulize the Sarco until unconscious Step 4: Get yourself some Raw meat or raw fish meat (I recommend prime fish meat or Triceratops kibble) then feed it Step 5 Congrats yourself getting a Sarco, Hope this helped :) 🐊
Good because they can go on land but are still good divers while also being able to depend themselves so if someone blocks off the river with gates you can go around on land
I see all these comments on how to tame it lol. Easy. Shoot it in the face while walking backwards job done. None of this tame pen rubbish or hugging its legs. If you get one in the swamp your gonna want to lure it out of the swamp though