I tamed a level 30 (my max level) with around 15-20 allo kibble with a 10x balm still took awhile because they eat slow but it was worth it! Plus I was on single player so I had all the time in the world
If you’re in single player, Taming these will be much easier, just follow these steps.
1. Select a low lvl griffin, Lead it away from the mountian into a trap where there are no creatures
2. Place down a bed and sleep, this will cause the griffin to be starving when u KO it. (Only works in single player, in Multiplayer just leave it trapped for a few hours and dont let it kill anything)
3. Knock it out, Get soothing balm and give it to the griffin, Then get prime meat or allo kibble and give it to the griffin. Just make sure you have enough so that it tames
4. Get another low lvl griffin with the same last letters in its name that is the opposite gender.
5. Repeat the process, tame up around 2-4 females and 1 male only.
6. Breed them, make griffin kibble.
7. Repeat the process with a high lvl griffin, but use griffin kibble instead.
Quick tip: when i tamed a 290 griffin at 10x balm it needed 4 griffin kibble and at 15x balm it needed 3, if that helps.
I will never tame one of these. I mean to tame a level 1, you will need 439 cooked prime meat and it will take 19 and a half hours! You will also need 1310 biotoxin to keep it knocked out. And a level 150 will take 149,42 hours to tame if you're using cooked prime meat! Such a waste of time and resources. Up if you want wildcard to make the royal griffin easier to tame.
(Ark Mobile Tip) In order to tame a royal griffin you’ll need soothing balm x10 (It’s much easier trust me- you do not want to tame one without it). I find the easiest way to get it is by tributing the artifact of the hunter at the green obelisk after finishing the cave. Artifacts do respawn so you can tribute it multiple times to get more soothing balm.