Hey there! This is A SUPER SERIOUS TIP! If u want a high level use a 15x soothing balm… they cost 45 amber but an easy way to get amber is to go around the map on ur fastest flyer or mount and open supply drops… there is a 25% chance u will get amber, the better the drop, the more amber u get, also if u find a ringed drip they have a 40% to drop amber, underwater drops have a 30% of amber drop, ringed underwater drops have a 50% chance of amber drop, the maximum amber u can get from a drop is 5. Also cave drops have a 25% to drop amber… One more thing, the artifact of the strong can reward amber occasionaly as well. -Valkeri
I tamed a lvl 150 using a major soothing balm (15x) with regular Griffin kibble (not fertilized) and it only took 1. Not sure how it will do with a 10x or 3x balm but highly recommend major soothing balm
If you’re in single player, Taming these will be much easier, just follow these steps.
1. Select a low lvl griffin, Lead it away from the mountian into a trap where there are no creatures
2. Place down a bed and sleep, this will cause the griffin to be starving when u KO it. (Only works in single player, in Multiplayer just leave it trapped for a few hours and dont let it kill anything)
3. Knock it out, Get soothing balm and give it to the griffin, Then get prime meat or allo kibble and give it to the griffin. Just make sure you have enough so that it tames
4. Get another low lvl griffin with the same last letters in its name that is the opposite gender.
5. Repeat the process, tame up around 2-4 females and 1 male only.
6. Breed them, make griffin kibble.
7. Repeat the process with a high lvl griffin, but use griffin kibble instead.
Quick tip: when i tamed a 290 griffin at 10x balm it needed 4 griffin kibble and at 15x balm it needed 3, if that helps.
1. (Optional) Get aurthoplura pet (Recommended from clever cave) you can tame a lvl 70 with one broth of enlightenment, although it is a pain getting the black pearl. It is passive tame but you can easily get close with bug repellent and ghillie armor, The aurthoplura is a good tame cuz no other animal can see it.
2. Go speedrun the caves with aurthoplura with its stealth you can easily pass any enemies.
3. Do the snow cave first (remember to bring fur) and bring about 5 sleeping bags find the artifact (you can do the entire cave with this guy place sleeping bags near artifact grab one, and then die respawn near obelisk tribute it and die again respawn back at sleeping bag and so forth. Do this until you get gas mask. (You can teleport tame out of cave).
4.head to swamp cave with buddy, gas masks and sleeping bag, do the cave (you might have to do some of it on foot so I recommend bring weapon) find artifact place sleeping bags and repeat.
You can also do this in lave cave and get acendent weapons (mastercraft if in easy) and also will not work so easily in hardcore.