1. Get soothing balm(start the pursuit the cave in the south and tribute the artefact at an obelisk to get soothing balm. Or u can just do the pursuit hunt mega piranha that works too.)and get prime from paraceratherium.
2. KO the griffin (I used ramshackle crossbow any KO weapon besides fists and slingshot works fine.)
3. Feed it BIO TOXIN bc it doesn’t drain ho and just better than narcos.
Note: Remember to keep giving it prime bc prime spoils quick.
Hey there! This is A SUPER SERIOUS TIP! If u want a high level use a 15x soothing balm… they cost 45 amber but an easy way to get amber is to go around the map on ur fastest flyer or mount and open supply drops… there is a 25% chance u will get amber, the better the drop, the more amber u get, also if u find a ringed drip they have a 40% to drop amber, underwater drops have a 30% of amber drop, ringed underwater drops have a 50% chance of amber drop, the maximum amber u can get from a drop is 5. Also cave drops have a 25% to drop amber… One more thing, the artifact of the strong can reward amber occasionaly as well. -Valkeri
A somewhat lengthy method to tame a griffin that doesn’t require kibble would rely on trapping and the mobile glitch of getting its food to zero, overall steps would be:
1) build trap: I would recommend three Dino gateways, one gate, a stone fence foundation, and three stone doorways. Similar to an argh trap, position the gateways so they form a tunnel where the character can walk through but not a larger tame, and at the distant end of it plus a bit more place the stone foundation and the three doorways. This will trap the griffin, but the character will still be able to leave without having to open/close another door. Slap the gate on the gateway where the griffen will enter. This method is unfortunately also reliant on a pt with decent health.
2) Lure and trap griffen: find griffen that respects you, aggro it, and lead it to the trap. Let it hit you every once in a while to keep aggro. Fly through the trap and wait inside for the griffen to enter, may require a straight shot.
3) gather mats: a bit further from the trap where the griffen can’t hit, build a stone foundation and on it put a bed, 2-3 preserving bins, and either the mortar and pestle or just bring sparkpowder. If necessary, fence off the region with spiked walls.
4) go around killing things that drop prime, zoom back and place in preserving bin. Rinse and repeat until you have like, at least 1.5x what dododex recs, just in case (and because they spoil fast. Good place to farm is foot of far peak and carno island, as it’s pretty close with a decent pt. Use the spyglass barrel roll glitch for fast killing and gathering. (Carnos, allos, rexes, argies, and stegos all drop prime in the region)
5) with enough prime and the griffen in the trap, sleep. Knock out the griffen after checking prime meat stores to see if there’s still enough, knock griffen if yes, grind more if not. Tame with balm.
Good luck have fun, would rec taming two low levels with the same name endings first, then use their eggs for kibble for future high level griffen tames to avoid having to repeat this process again.
If you’re in single player, Taming these will be much easier, just follow these steps.
1. Select a low lvl griffin, Lead it away from the mountian into a trap where there are no creatures
2. Place down a bed and sleep, this will cause the griffin to be starving when u KO it. (Only works in single player, in Multiplayer just leave it trapped for a few hours and dont let it kill anything)
3. Knock it out, Get soothing balm and give it to the griffin, Then get prime meat or allo kibble and give it to the griffin. Just make sure you have enough so that it tames
4. Get another low lvl griffin with the same last letters in its name that is the opposite gender.
5. Repeat the process, tame up around 2-4 females and 1 male only.
6. Breed them, make griffin kibble.
7. Repeat the process with a high lvl griffin, but use griffin kibble instead.
Quick tip: when i tamed a 290 griffin at 10x balm it needed 4 griffin kibble and at 15x balm it needed 3, if that helps.