Basics: 3 ways to earn respect: Be lvl 85-95, wear golden crown(Need Primal Pass), or have the same pronouns as it at the end of your name (Examples: -mu, -lot, -an)
Once you have found a Griffin you want, build a row of 4 stone dinosaur gateways with reinforced gates. Lead the Griffin into the trap by using a tame(Preferably a flyer) and shut the gates. And with that, the Griffin is trapped.
My suggestions. Tame low level ones before a high level one(High levels take forever to tame, so you’ll want Griffin Egg Kibble instead of Allosaurus Egg Kibble.
Fun Facts: Griffins will only mate with other Griffins of the same family as them.
You can use weapons on the backs of Griffins, which can be useful for taming Quetzals
Griffins don’t need saddles
A non-tamed Griffin that respects you will deal less damage than non-respectful ones
Tamed a Griffin today but lost Argie, Casca. Now Guts (my other argie) is alone😭😭💔 and yesssss it's a Berserk reference 😂
what you should have:
- Allosaurus Kibble (tame 2 or 3 female Allo's to get eggs)
- Bio Toxin or Narcotics (LOTS!)
- Tranquilizer darts and toxicant arrows work best
- 4 Stone Dinosaur Gates and 2 doors
- Soothing balm (if you can get your hands on it)
- If you have not yet reached level 85+ or share the same last name with the griffin you can purchase a name change ticket to change your character's name (it works)
- Some cooked or raw prime meat just (in case)
- A fast flyer (with high health and stamina stats, trust me)
- Build a Bird trap with the Dinosaur Gateways
- place some sleeping bags (for in case you die)
- Look for the griffin with same last name or letters as yours. This is how you gain their respect (Could be "ic", "ell", "ot", etc.) So if the griffin's name is lancelot your name has to also end with "ot".
- Once you found it, Arrgo the griffin and lead it into the trap. (It might take a while for it to get in and you/your tame might take a few hits in the process).
- Once trapped , tranq it until it falls unconscious.
- Feed it some kibble (use Soothing balm to make things go faster)
- KEEP AN EYE ON THAT UNCONSCIOUS METER!
And BOOM! You have yourself a griffin!
Bonus tip; you cannot tame it if it does not respect you!