1. Locate the dung beetle. They are found in the chitin cave or the south cave on the island, at the edges of the map for where the death worms are for scorched earth, in the city for extinction, (sorry idk where they are on valgero or crystal isle), they are everywhere except for the green area in aberration
2. (Optional) locate is dossier for a good explanation on what it’s good for
3. Once you reach your new Friend. They might be surrounded by danger so kill of the other creatures or where bug repellent to slip buy
4. They can be tamed using feces, spoiled meat, and raw meat. Feces should be up to medium.
5 tip for low levels: tame low level dung beetle they take a long time to eat so the lower are the less food they need
6. Dont hit them or they will get mad and gore you with there horn, but they are slow
7. They eat spoiled meat not poop
8. They are a passive tame so just go up to them and feed them some food.
9. Tame more than 1 so your beetle doesn’t get lonely
10. Pick him up and hug him give him some love he is very important for food
11. They turn poop into fertilizer and/or oil if ur an American just by saying that you may already have 10.
12. Dispite that horn they aren’t very strong protect them or level them up to be stronger
13. If your interest is there utility role then just level up weight so they can carry more poop
If you have a farm set up and have a phiomia, just use stimberries to feed phiomia and get poop. If you aren't ready for south cave than you can use phiomia poop rather than fertilizer and bypass the beetle for a bit. As soon as you get a good barry, you should tame a dung beetle. You should tame lots of low levels because high levels take forever to tame. Up if this was helpful.
I just used bug repellent and I tamed the dung beetle easy using spoiled meat and just walked out of the cave with holding the dung beetle then flew away on my Argie back home. I called him horn and he lives in a nice home.
You can’t feed beetles titanosaur poop. So best is diplo or bronto poop. Go in a cave with bug repellent and a raptor (a strong one). You can go to the hunter’s cave because it is the easiest cave and megalosaurus won’t spawn there nor will centipedes spawn a lot in the there. If you are far away, bring Argentavis to carry the raptor and pick up the beetle yourself. If your lvl is too low well I guess you’re gonna need to travel all the way back on raptor-back. Again.