ARK: Survival Evolved Companion
You can grab Wild Dung Bettles using a Grappling Hook and bring them to a safer place to tame, even on PVE. Works Great on Skull Cave on The Center and probably on caves too.
More Dung Beetle Taming & KO Tips
How to tame
1 tame Barry and get saddle
2 enter lower south cave
3find dung beetle(s)
4kill all other creatures (except dung beetles)
5 tame with spoiled meat (don’t knock out)
6 carry it
7ride Barry out
You do not have to like the tip
I took my level 500 direbear to the hunters cave and easily tamed my dung beetle he is now my best farmer (of making fertilizer) PS:dont tell compost bin i said that.
They are passive tames. I always pick them up with my Argy and take them to my base and drop into a taming pen or at least somewhere safe on the map (whichever is closer). I’ve always used spoiled meat to tame and it doesn’t take much time at all.
I am unsure why people say “Use spoiled meat”. My friend told me to but I brought Large animal Feces (keep in mind, I’m in mobile so it says what it wants from your inventory. Usually the BEST food for that one) and it wanted the dung. It tamed in 2 pieces. Don’t need to up.
It is possible for your dung beetle to crawl on a lit forge, which will kill it! So keep it away from any forges if possible.
How to raise a good dung beetle remake
1. Locate the dung beetle. They are found in the chitin cave or the south cave on the island, at the edges of the map for where the death worms are for scorched earth, in the city for extinction, (sorry idk where they are on valgero or crystal isle), they are everywhere except for the green area in aberration
2. (Optional) locate is dossier for a good explanation on what it’s good for
3. Once you reach your new Friend. They might be surrounded by danger so kill of the other creatures or where bug repellent to slip buy
4. They can be tamed using feces, spoiled meat, and raw meat. Feces should be up to medium.
5 tip for low levels: tame low level dung beetle they take a long time to eat so the lower are the less food they need
6. Dont hit them or they will get mad and gore you with there horn, but they are slow
7. They eat spoiled meat not poop
8. They are a passive tame so just go up to them and feed them some food.
9. Tame more than 1 so your beetle doesn’t get lonely
10. Pick him up and hug him give him some love he is very important for food
11. They turn poop into fertilizer and/or oil if ur an American just by saying that you may already have 10.
12. Dispite that horn they aren’t very strong protect them or level them up to be stronger
13. If your interest is there utility role then just level up weight so they can carry more poop
Have fun with your new friend. Phew that was long
Introducing the New Dung beetle!
Compost bins hate them!
Accurate tip for taming these cuties :
1. Craft Bug repellent
2. Use a baryonyx to enter Lower south cave
3. If you want you can also sneak by them. Use baryonyx to kill scorpions cuz Bug repellent doesn't work on them.
4. Feed the dung beetle medium animal feces cuz it takes only 50 seconds
5. Carry it outside.
You got a dung beetle! -spoopy_190YT
To the person who lets us all know about the spino trick, thank you and if you drain an argys stam, it will double, but not naturally, unlike the spino