1. Locate the dung beetle. They are found in the chitin cave or the south cave on the island, at the edges of the map for where the death worms are for scorched earth, in the city for extinction, (sorry idk where they are on valgero or crystal isle), they are everywhere except for the green area in aberration
2. (Optional) locate is dossier for a good explanation on what it’s good for
3. Once you reach your new Friend. They might be surrounded by danger so kill of the other creatures or where bug repellent to slip buy
4. They can be tamed using feces, spoiled meat, and raw meat. Feces should be up to medium.
5 tip for low levels: tame low level dung beetle they take a long time to eat so the lower are the less food they need
6. Dont hit them or they will get mad and gore you with there horn, but they are slow
7. They eat spoiled meat not poop
8. They are a passive tame so just go up to them and feed them some food.
9. Tame more than 1 so your beetle doesn’t get lonely
10. Pick him up and hug him give him some love he is very important for food
11. They turn poop into fertilizer and/or oil if ur an American just by saying that you may already have 10.
12. Dispite that horn they aren’t very strong protect them or level them up to be stronger
13. If your interest is there utility role then just level up weight so they can carry more poop
I am unsure why people say “Use spoiled meat”. My friend told me to but I brought Large animal Feces (keep in mind, I’m in mobile so it says what it wants from your inventory. Usually the BEST food for that one) and it wanted the dung. It tamed in 2 pieces. Don’t need to up.
While spoiled meat seems the easy way to go for taming, if you want to be more effective, poop is the way… easy way to get a load of fresh excrement for your beetle ? Just take a tame with you… and feed them lots of stimberries ! At the cost of your pets intestines, they shall have a new friend soon :)
This may not work for everyone, but it works for me. I took a saber down in the Central Cave (maxed at lvl 190 so not a good one at all), I ran past all the creatures that were hostile until I came across a dung beetle, once I found one, I killed any creatures that followed me/ are with the beetle, you don't need an amazing tame to kill these creatures, once isolated from all dangers, feed large animal feces until fully tamed, what I did was collect feces from my T-Rex'S (I only have 4 and it took about 5 minutes to get 10 large feces) hope this helps!