ARK: Survival Evolved Companion
|Increase Per Lvl |
|Increase Per Lvl |
Ranked 77 of 147
* Rank of the Base Stat of the Triceratops vs. all other creatures. (Rank #1 in Health = highest Health creature.)
|MOVEMENT SPEED||BASE||Sprinting |
|Movement Speed: %|
- Small Egg
- Cooked Fish Meat
- ×2 Rockarrot
- ×5 Mejoberry
- ×5 Fiber
Carnotaurus Kibble (MOBILE)
- Carno Egg
- Cooked Meat
- ×2 Mejoberry
- ×3 Fiber
Triceratops Kibble (MOBILE)
- Trike Egg
- Cooked Meat Jerky
- ×2 Mejoberry
- ×3 Fiber
Tips & Strategies from the iOS & Android apps
This is what’s you’ll need to tame it:narco berries narcotics tranq arrows and some wood structures. Step one: make a taming trap. Make it big Enough so the trike can’t get out make a ramp into the trap and a small door for a survivor to fit in. Step two: Hit the trike run into the trap and go through the small door. Step three get on top of the ramp and start shooting it with Tranq arrows. Also DON’T SHOOT AT THE HEAD THEY HAVE EXTRA PROTECTION THERE.step four:once it’s knocked out put your narco berries and narcotics in the trike and wait for it to be tamed. If this helped please hit the arrow pointing towards the sky.
Things to remember about the Trike:
-Do not pick up it's egg (or any other dino's egg if the parent is near)
-Do not aim for the head, aim for the body
-Tranq Arrows seem to work better than slingshots (but if you want to use slingshots, be sure to bring tons of stone)
Utility Roles for Trike:
1. Tank. When faced with head on damage, they have a damage reduction. Be sure to pair with mate for extra damage resistance (level Health).
2. Short Range Scout. The Trike is not very fast, but again, due to the damage resistance it has (and it's just general beefiness), it can serve as a good scout for early game. Much better than the Para in that regard (level Health, Stam, and Movement Speed).
3. Harvester. This boi can collect quite a decent amount of wood and fiber, much more than you can by hand. Use with Charge attack for extra resources! (level Weight and Stamina).
4. Defender. Use him to defend your base and smaller tames. Really the only early game threat a Trike can't handle are alphas and the occasional Theri. But trust me, I've seen one of these things face down a Sarco and live (level Health and Melee Damage)
My name is ShinyChimchar01 and if you like these tips, please up (next tip will be on Raptor)
It's a chill dino and doesn't get mad if you get too close but whatever you do, DO NOT pick up a trice's egg, or he will cha cha real smooth you out of existence 😌✨
First, for low levels, I suggest finding one that is stuck in between two trees which is surprisingly common. I used a crossbow, but you could just use a bow. Craft tranq arrows. Shoot at the belly, and try to do it quickly before it can get free. I suggest 4-6 tranq arrows, maybe more for a higher level. I brought a few narcotics just in case, but I didn’t use any so you don’t necessarily have to. Bring about 20-40 berries, probably more, and you’ll most likely have extra. Put it in the triceratops’s inventory and wait (in my experience it went up by 2%, so make sure you’re ready for a wait). If you leave it’s side the taming will still go up. After it is tamed, name it!
Extra: bolas will NOT work, if you use them they will start to attack.
Uses: they can be extremely strong (I have seen a group of 2-3 trikes kill a sarco, which is a much more high-level tame). Once a saddle is crafted, they are not very fast but they do collect thatch easily from trees as well as short amounts of wood. They get much more berries from a single bush than you can. They do not jump when you’re riding.
Thanks for reading! Sorry it was so long. Please up for the noobs to see! And of course, have a nice day.
What ever you do don't try to bola them bolas don't work on them I tried to do it and instead of trapping him it started chasing me
Up for the noobs to know
In Soviet Russia trike tame u
Gathering EfficiencyRatings out of 5. Collected from 40,000+ Dododex users.
Maturation Time Calculator
What does a Triceratops eat? In ARK: Survival Evolved, the Triceratops eats Simple Kibble, Carnotaurus Kibble, Crops, Mejoberry, Berries, Fresh Barley, Fresh Wheat, or Soybean, and Dried Wheat.
Translations: ترايسيراتوبس, Tricératops, טריצרטופס, Triceratopo, トリケラトプス, 트리케라톱스, Трицератопс, 三角龙.
See also: How to Tame a Trike