I’m pretty sure that shadow manes are nocternol because while I was trying to tame a shadow mane it wouldn’t sleep and it was night and all it was doing was running after animals and fish hope this helped you :/
Passive tame using fish caught in Fish Basket in your 0-slot.
Larger X value fish seem to giver higher percentage tame per feed.
Fish Basket Tips:
1) Place basket in water and it will take several seconds before it is active. Once active you watch for fish to go near it and press E to catch it in the trap.
2) Fish in basket have a spoil timer. Place basket on hotbar and get in the water to refresh spoil timer.
3) Fish in basket can be released (into protected waters for security) and be “tamed”. You can later come back and put a basket down again to quickly re-catch the fish again. This allows you to have fish on standby for when you happen upon that particular Shadowmane you have been wanting.
4) Waiting on fish to get near basket can be a test in patience. Piranaha however will attack you, and can therefore be kited to a basket, where you will have a split second to catch it in the basket before it destroys the basket.
Taming Shadowman Tips:
1) Where Full Ghillie
2) The Shadowmane will do a few little circles when it is about to goto sleep
3) Crouch when within 30m of them.
4) I seemed to notice that if I had something in my hands, then they would wake just before I got there…so I go in empty handed.
5) If it aggros you, then taming will reset to 0.0%…so dont let it aggro you
6) As soon as you feed it, turn around and run away a good distance.
7) The taming does not wear off unless you get aggro…so be patient.
8) If there, is more than one Shadowmane in the group, it isnt required, but sure is easier if you take the time to split the group (fly high above in tek suit and shoot the unwanted ones with a rifle while they are all sleeping)
I suggest that you search for the fishes first (preferably 1.5x and above) before looking for shadowmane and then cryopod them, that way you can release them later and recapture it with fish basket after you found the shadowmane without needing to worry about fish basket spoils time
Also, as long as they don't aggro to anything their taming rate won't get down
Fungal Wood can be found in the swamp on Asgard (purple trees) and in the Aberration caves. It just doesn’t look like the Aberration trees we’re familiar with. Look for small wooden like stalks holding a round white seed like pod. Hack away.
Tip for genesis 2- use a net gun to get a quetz. Get it to at least 5k stamina. Cryo him up. Make 5 foundations, 12 ceilings, 12 walls and 12 fence foundations. Then you want to go to rockwells garden following the city trench all the way to the other side. You'll find a building with with a pool of water behind it. You'll want to set the trap up on the roof of the building. The trap is 2 by 4, foundations in the corners connected by the ceilings. Put the fence foundations on the inside and the fence on top of the fence foundations. You'll be able to crouch under the ceilings but not the foundations and the fence foundations blocks the shadowmanes line of sight. Go and scope out a high level kitty, kill it's pack then cycle visor to check for not like. Pop out the quetz and go and pick kitty up and put them in the trap. Don't thank me, thank phlinger!