Passive tame using fish caught in Fish Basket in your 0-slot.
Larger X value fish seem to giver higher percentage tame per feed.
Fish Basket Tips:
1) Place basket in water and it will take several seconds before it is active. Once active you watch for fish to go near it and press E to catch it in the trap.
2) Fish in basket have a spoil timer. Place basket on hotbar and get in the water to refresh spoil timer.
3) Fish in basket can be released (into protected waters for security) and be “tamed”. You can later come back and put a basket down again to quickly re-catch the fish again. This allows you to have fish on standby for when you happen upon that particular Shadowmane you have been wanting.
4) Waiting on fish to get near basket can be a test in patience. Piranaha however will attack you, and can therefore be kited to a basket, where you will have a split second to catch it in the basket before it destroys the basket.
Taming Shadowman Tips:
1) Where Full Ghillie
2) The Shadowmane will do a few little circles when it is about to goto sleep
3) Crouch when within 30m of them.
4) I seemed to notice that if I had something in my hands, then they would wake just before I got there…so I go in empty handed.
5) If it aggros you, then taming will reset to 0.0%…so dont let it aggro you
6) As soon as you feed it, turn around and run away a good distance.
7) The taming does not wear off unless you get aggro…so be patient.
8) If there, is more than one Shadowmane in the group, it isnt required, but sure is easier if you take the time to split the group (fly high above in tek suit and shoot the unwanted ones with a rifle while they are all sleeping)
All you need is 1 stone foundation and 8 walls, hover over top with your tek suit let it teleport to you it will fall into the trap, turn your chest off and poof, you can feed through walls like any other passive tame, no need for all this other stuff.
So this is my theory.. Lions are a mammal, the shadow mane looks very similar and it runs as a pride/pack. So therefore it’s babies will be Cubs. If that’s the case, then i think you will have to tame a Maewing, find the lions den and use the Maewing to steal a cub and raise it yourself. Kind of like stealing eggs from wyverns or rock drakes etc. That’s just my thought anyway.
Wildcard needs to make it to where fish baskets can be placed near enemy structures because everyone on PvE has pillared along every single river and pond and it is near impossible to find a decent spot to catch any fish.
When you catch the fish, throw it back out and cryopod it for later. Build a 4 foundation 16 wall square trap with no roof. Hover over it and shoot the mayne with an arrow. It will teleport into the trap, and then leave render as fast as possible. Come back in at low altitude so it cant see you. From then on you’re good, no need for ghillie. Feed it fish nonstop until it tames, even while invisible! It seems to sleep for longer while in this trap too, currently 21:26 and still sleeping...