super easy to tame! i have 3 of these now so here's a short guide:
1. make a raft. put any storage container on it with a simple bed. this is just a precaution in case you die in the process (which you shouldnt!)
2. pop some spare food into your storage if you want, as well as some extra meat. your safest option is to take about 2 stacks.
3. get some tranq arrows. alot if you want to be safe. around 10 is a good amount though. there isnt really a way of telling the level without being up close so it's best to take as many as you can. make a new bow (you dont want it to break mid-fight)
4. take your raft and go find a sarco! they spawn mainly at the southern islands and in swamps.
5. park your raft a little bit away from the sarco and plod on over!
6. firstly, dont panic when it starts coming over. panic is what makes you sarco dinner. secondly, lure the sarco onto land - theyre waayyy slower inland than in water. still, keep your distance.
7. just keep shooting it with tranq arrows until it's down. if you run out, run for your life and try again another day.
8. once it's down, starve tame it. you dont want to risk losing any precious meat. they usually take about 8 minutes.
9. protect the sarco at all costs! things might come and try and attack you - especially at night. dont let them get your lizard.
Okay, so in my experience having a Sarco near is an issue, but if you have at least 3 trikes the trikes can kill the Sarco easily. (Even wild trikes will ambush Sarcos.) The trikes will mainly win! And you can take all the loot for yourself. :D
If you have a raptor, a parasaur, and the ascendant bow you get on mobile for doing the hunt dilophosaurus pursuit, the things are easy. Get on yo raptor, load yo bow, shoot some tranq arrows at it, run away (or just pump health level ups into yo raptor before hand), and shoot some more. Than just watch it and give it some sleepy time pills when it starts to wake up.
Where to find sarcos can be found in the swamp which is in the west zone of the island.
Sarcos are knockout tames they are carnivores and they like fish meat more than regular meat.
Swamps have many dangerous creatures like snakes and raptors and sarcos usually have low health so you might kill it and they can jump and bite you.
Sarcos are slow on land so its easy to outrun them
Abilities when tamed:
Sarcos can swim super fast you can go all the way to herbivore island to the cold mountains in like 5 minutes and they instantly regain stamina underwater they have a jump attack that does damage and their secondary attack is a death roll.
Disabilities when tamed:
Sarcos dont have that much health and they are a bit slow on land
Get a bow with trans arrows (1-5) for low level, go on a rock if you are low level and shoot it with tranqs. However wait for it to finish attacking animals and other Dino’s or it may be killed by them when unconscious.
I recommend taming one, they are super fast in the water, and they do a LOT of damage. I have tamed carnos and therizos but my one Sarco is the strongest one, I easily killed a megalodon and mine is only level 25, I only leveled up the stamina, speed and melee strength. Knocking it put is easy, just get it to follow you on land then throw some tranq arrows or darts to knock it out and feed it raw meat
on my 2nd day of ark (real time) and i saw a female sarco who looked exactly like swamp (my sarco who was killed by jellyfish in my resent world) so i made a little wooden box 4 big woden walls and a door frame i led the sarco aka swamp the 2nd and i KO it out with 2 slingshots and i has about 50 rocks of course i missed a few times it was lvl 18 just like swamp when she was killed now it’s lvl 30 and i’m lvl 27 and i also have a rex (saw blade), carno (toast), deadly trio aka my 3 raptors Ares, hunter, and the leader ivy and a parasaur (para) her boy friend died to a 140 massive chicken with big claws 😭. Dilo,(mini killer), one of those starter bird thingys (shadow bolt) , and my baba sarco i’m rasing up now named snappy and i for got how to spell it but his name means swamp in japanese he is snappy’s dad. Dada cherry and finally chicken (both dodos.) hope u enjoyed 🙂😊
I live on the little peninsula next to the swap on the bottom left of the map I had heard about how good the parcars were good mounts and managed to knock out a sarco but i didn’t have any meat on me so I killed some fish that were next to me and thank god for fish