The name changing ticket doesn’t work don’t bother using it. When you change your name it can revert back in two known ways. First if you go on another mount your name will revert and the griffin will stop respecting you. Second and last if you leave the game and go back in your name will revert back and the griffin stopped respecting u. In the end your name will change so don’t bother wasting your amber if you do and do this without any faults at the end of the day your griffin will no longer respect you.
P.S: I tamed a griffin by the name changing ticket but I left the game to do a quick save and when I went back in I was on the ground and the griffin was floating in the air. It still listen to you but you can’t ride it if you tame a griffin and after that your name reverts
Tamed a Griffin today but lost Argie, Casca. Now Guts (my other argie) is alone😭😭💔 and yesssss it's a Berserk reference 😂
what you should have:
- Allosaurus Kibble (tame 2 or 3 female Allo's to get eggs)
- Bio Toxin or Narcotics (LOTS!)
- Tranquilizer darts and toxicant arrows work best
- 4 Stone Dinosaur Gates and 2 doors
- Soothing balm (if you can get your hands on it)
- If you have not yet reached level 85+ or share the same last name with the griffin you can purchase a name change ticket to change your character's name (it works)
- Some cooked or raw prime meat just (in case)
- A fast flyer (with high health and stamina stats, trust me)
- Build a Bird trap with the Dinosaur Gateways
- place some sleeping bags (for in case you die)
- Look for the griffin with same last name or letters as yours. This is how you gain their respect (Could be "ic", "ell", "ot", etc.) So if the griffin's name is lancelot your name has to also end with "ot".
- Once you found it, Arrgo the griffin and lead it into the trap. (It might take a while for it to get in and you/your tame might take a few hits in the process).
- Once trapped , tranq it until it falls unconscious.
- Feed it some kibble (use Soothing balm to make things go faster)
- KEEP AN EYE ON THAT UNCONSCIOUS METER!
And BOOM! You have yourself a griffin!
Bonus tip; you cannot tame it if it does not respect you!