ARK: Survival Evolved Companion
How do I tame a ichthyornis? Tips and strategies on taming and knocking out a ichthyornis.
Similarly to real life, these greedy douchebags will try to steal your sandwiches, however if you are drunk enough, you can stay up into the late hours of the evening and have deep insightful conversations with these feathered friends as they simply stare at you in confusion and bark in bird language. In return they will bring you magical fish as a reward.
I’m pretty sure if a seagull eats my 250 narcotics it would fall asleep at least right? NO
Bola it, tranq it, and feed it fish. I advise having a Baryonyx or another dino that gathers fish well with you.
I am now taking one after hearing about Greg!
While taming, put everything into stacks of 1, that way any time it steals its a single item rather than a stack of 100 or something!
This Bird is spawn killing me it's flying around my home
bola and club
A hElPfUl tIp sHoUlD iNcLuDe A fEw MoRe WoRdS
(Remember, this is a tip for pc players only, I have no knowledge about ark nintendo switch or xbox)
How to tame a very annoying flying attacking seagull:
1. Grab a bola (get more than 3 if your aim is trash)
2. Get a club, bow, tranq arrows and narcotics (these guys have extremely low health even on high level ones so i recommend you use the club)
3. These are piscivores, so bring fish meat or prime fish meat (regular kibble recommended if you are taming a high level one)
4. Bola it and use club or maybe tranqs I guess XD
5. Put the food in its inventory and feed it narcotics (the torpor drain is quite slow but these guys don't have a lot of torpor themselves and their food drain rate is really slow)
6. You now have an ichthy! Very useful on pvp servers btw
Slingshots kill just so you know
Are they in mobile?…….. . A a a a a a a a a
Do they spawn in mobile? Up for yes down for no
oh so to tame i just run to one with only bio toxin or narco berries or nartoc. and knock it out?
It's not a plane it's a ICHTYORNIS?!? WHAT THE FUC---
I finally tamed this b***** and stupidly throw him off my and look away ten minutes later he’s in the ocean trying to kill a carbonmys
How to tame an Ichthyornis!
1. Grab a bola, (unlocked lvl 8), and get its attention so it attacks you.
2. When it comes to dive for you, bola it.
3. Grab your bow (unlocked lvl 10), and tranq arrows (unlocked lvl 21) and shoot it 2-4 times.
4. After its knocked out, put fish meat in the inventory. It will take a couple minutes to be tamed, so you might have to hit it again with a tranq arrow when the torpidity is low. (Make sure not to kill it!)
It will gather a lot of fish meat. I mean a LOT of fish meat!
While taming, patience is KEY.
It will take a lot of time especially as a newbie getting raw fish meat.
They will need a ton of narcotics and babysitting.
They are also very fragile so if you're using tranq arrows, try to use as little as possible. 4 is enough. 6 is for the high levels.
9 is overkill and literally kills it.
Tranq darts? Use 1 or 2.
Dewit. It's worth it instead of having to babysit them for 10 years.
Seriously, your rabbit would die when you're trying to tame this bad boy.
Their torpor is FAST so make sure you’ve got loads of narcotics😐 had him at 90% tamed and he woke up, stole my stuff, and flew straight into the mouth of a raptor.
I Ike this bird because it can get me prime meat easliy
If over the water, use an aquatic or semi-aquatic mount you can stand on or shoot from, use a slingshot to piss them off and get them to chase you to shore.
As with most small tames… Darts are highly recommended as arrows might end up killing them.
When taming bring lots of tranq arrows. For ichthyornis level 1-15 I suggest the wooden bow, 16-30 crossbow, higher levelled use darts. Why use different weapons? It is a prime example to each ranged weapon can have more or less damage, be careful as the next dart/arrow that lands a hit might kill it. I find bola kind of works but isn’t enough to get it on the ground. Make sure you lure them to land because they aren’t immune to drowning.
Keep in mind that you will need narcotics to keep them under for taming.
On default attack/aggression settings it’ll attack very close dinos when on your shoulder. If you told it to not follow, picking it up and putting it down makes it follow you again.
While they are annoying thieves, they are really good pets.