ARK: Survival Evolved Companion
It's not a plane it's a ICHTYORNIS?!? WHAT THE FUC---
More Ichthyornis Taming & KO Tips
Similarly to real life, these greedy douchebags will try to steal your sandwiches, however if you are drunk enough, you can stay up into the late hours of the evening and have deep insightful conversations with these feathered friends as they simply stare at you in confusion and bark in bird language. In return they will bring you magical fish as a reward.
I’m pretty sure if a seagull eats my 250 narcotics it would fall asleep at least right? NO
bola and club
A hElPfUl tIp sHoUlD iNcLuDe A fEw MoRe WoRdS
(Remember, this is a tip for pc players only, I have no knowledge about ark nintendo switch or xbox)
How to tame a very annoying flying attacking seagull:
1. Grab a bola (get more than 3 if your aim is trash)
2. Get a club, bow, tranq arrows and narcotics (these guys have extremely low health even on high level ones so i recommend you use the club)
3. These are piscivores, so bring fish meat or prime fish meat (regular kibble recommended if you are taming a high level one)
4. Bola it and use club or maybe tranqs I guess XD
5. Put the food in its inventory and feed it narcotics (the torpor drain is quite slow but these guys don't have a lot of torpor themselves and their food drain rate is really slow)
6. You now have an ichthy! Very useful on pvp servers btw
Bola it, tranq it, and feed it fish. I advise having a Baryonyx or another dino that gathers fish well with you.
You have to tame a high level because it would have so little health you would kill it by accident. I would use a long neck to knock it out and probably 10 bolas because they are pretty hard to hit. Up if this helped.
How to tame an Ichthyornis!
1. Grab a bola, (unlocked lvl 8), and get its attention so it attacks you.
2. When it comes to dive for you, bola it.
3. Grab your bow (unlocked lvl 10), and tranq arrows (unlocked lvl 21) and shoot it 2-4 times.
4. After its knocked out, put fish meat in the inventory. It will take a couple minutes to be tamed, so you might have to hit it again with a tranq arrow when the torpidity is low. (Make sure not to kill it!)
It will gather a lot of fish meat. I mean a LOT of fish meat!
They need to make it so that if you put narcos bio toxin etc in ur last hot bar a lot the icthyornis will eat them and get knocked out(like putting berries in ur last hotbar slot to tame the pego, but instead of taming it will be knocked out)
These annoying flyers can be used to aid in taming otters. Just set the hunt and retrieve feature on it, make it attack a fish, and as it comes back to you grab the fish and walk up to the otter and press the button to tame. Otters are quick tames, and provide insulation from both the heat and cold which directly depends on their melee stat. They can also hold multiple artifacts in their inventory. Can be found in shallow rivers.