BIGGEST PAIN TO TAME EVER! have to get sabertooth fish kill them BUT do NOT harvest them you have to drag the body to it and feed it. Also good luck feeding it while the body is flailing everywhere in front of you. Also you CAN breed them.
don’t tame this guys. It’s Ito worth the effort. Seriously. You’re literally better off taming a breeding pair of yutyrannus for kibble eggs than taming this moron. Unless you’re in a very hoisted server I really don’t recommend.
Use a horse to lasso it, then you can move it around to new fish spawns when the area gets cleared. The horse can also step on the duck to pin it down, or simply use the lasso to keep it close while tribemates gather fish.
One of the worst things you need to tame for kibble, but this is how to do it:
1. Craft a wooden cage
2. Aggro it onto land
3. Place cage on top of it
4. Spend an hour killing fish and dragging them to it, feeding it through the bars carefully or you’ll open the cage and let it out.
5. You let it out, didn’t you? Pick the cage up and trap it again.
6. Watch out for that ichth- It stoke your fish... and half the stuff in your inventory. Kill it.
7. Cuss in frustration at every piranha on the Ark trying to eat you, then feed them to it too.
8. Finally finish taming the dumb bird - now just remember to keep feeding it fish forever.
Oh and watch out for Argentavis in the area, they like corpses and they don’t like you even if you’re carrying the corpse. They’ll steal your fish and then try to kill you.
Can't be picked up by anything while they are wild. They do aggro on you, and can walk through door frames, so you can kite them to a taming pen then use an itchy to bring those succulent salmon to you. Tamed a 140 last night in about 20 minutes.
These creatures are great for early players as they are a good source of oil (That I use to make grenades and destroy my enemy) and to get the oils you grab it's egg and throw it in a cooking pot and there you go, go make grenades and ruin your neibours stone base :D