1. The deinonychus is in valguero map. Go there.
2. I spawned and went to 89.2 lat, 90 Lon. Where in the area I found 3 nests.
3. There were things distracted the deinonychuses and I ran in and found a nest. I took the egg. Be careful there are a lot of rock elementals.
4. Run as fast as you can to your base.
5. This egg needs to be super warm so I used at least 16 to 20 standing torches.
6. Light up the torches and wait.
7. When it hatches feed it some raw meat of any kind.
You can't tame these guys by knocking them out. Instead, you need to steal their fertilised eggs (just like wyverns and rock drakes), hatch them and raise them, just a bit harder than knocking them out. The eggs can, of course, be found in their nests and do be careful while trying to steal one as the Deinonychus is very territorial. Hope this helps :)
Tame them by getting their eggs. Use a whip while you're grappled to a flyer. They need five fireplaces to hatch. It doesn't take that long for them to grow, but to hatch them it's thirty minutes. They can be found easily on the white cliffs along with their eggs. I don't care if you like this or not I just wanna give tips.
Here's how to steal one early game: If you spawn in at chalk hills 3 and spawn next to a pond walk opposite to the pond. There are some nests right there. Snatch one quickly and run off the cliff next to the pond. Be careful and make sure to fall into the water. From there make a left and you should get to a beach area. From there it should be easy to find your base.
The Deinonychus is an agile dino with sharp claws that can pounce and feed on its victim. The Deinonychus can also climb up walls by jumping. This creature is able to climb by jumping from wall to wall. It is very territorial around its nest.