ARK's base taming speed on PC, PS4, and Xbox is now doubled, meaning 1× is as fast as what 2× was previously. Dododex has been updated to reflect this. Use the "presets" dropdown for common multipliers.
For full Bloodstalker taming details, get the taming calculator app.
Taming Calculator (Passive)
Put Blood Packs in your inventory and let the Bloodstalker trap you and consume the Blood Packs. Let it eat a few tamed creatures to increase effectiveness. ℹ️ After selecting your level, use the calculations in the row that matches your Bloodstalker's level. For example, for a Level 120 Bloodstalker, use the row labeled ("Lvl 1-140") ⚠️ IMPORTANT: The required amount of Blood Packs will vary by up to 25% with each Bloodstalker. Based on numerous tests and user reports, Dododex shows the estimated average required. Your total may be a bit higher or lower. Always bring at least 25% more.
1. Taming efficiency is going to be quite low during tame and in order to fix that, you need to sacrifice some tames to it
2. Other Bloodstalkers may try to grab you while your already being succ'd, in order to stop that, kill all other Bloodstalkers in the visible area
3. To stop Insect Swarms from interrupting your taming, open your inventory during the taming process, they for some reason don't detect you with your inv open
4. Bring a parachute just in case you are dropped for some reason
5. When he is tamed, only use him to get around and only level Stamina and Health. He is a garbage fighter and if his health gets low, he will start eating you and will kill you but in order to stop yourself from dying, put blood packs in your inv, he will eat those instead until his health is normal again
6. They can be breeded but be warned, when they have an egg, you cannot pick up the egg because it becomes attached to the ground
If a survivor has ingested beer, a tamed Bloodstalker’s name will temporarily change while under the effects of said alcohol. Try it out for yourself, some of the names include “Blerdsterker”, “Mr. Wiggles”, and my personal favorite “Grabby McSlurpy”.
The bloodstalker sounds like it might be found in extinction but it is only found in genises, it might later on be added to ragnorock for it has a bunch of scorched earth exclusives and a few valagraio exclusives. Like if you want this to be added to ragnorock