If you can get a high level lightning wyvern than you will be near unstoppable. You just need to upgrade health,melee,weight,and most of all stamina. Do all that and you will have an alpha killer and a prime raiding dino.
My bf and I decided 2 days into the server we were gon yoink an egg with low pteras, so we did, 3 players dead 10 times, 3 pteras dead. But got a 45 egg, so worth it... We werent gon deal with wyverns for a bit so we straight up yoinked a snow owl, lvl 150. Cranked its stamina up to 4k. And every 10 to 20 min u go heal the wyvern after it hatched. You must just be very responsible and not forget abt it. 1k health drains in 30 min so u gon have to be quite active, once it reaches full maturity it can eat normal meat. I wouldnt recommend a deaodon, considering they munch food like crazy and if they run out of 20k food in 2 hours ur wyvern will most likely be toast when u wake up, just keep cryoing the wyvern when u cant check it. Then take it out when u ready to raise it with owl.
To know how much time need to the next feeding just do the next. Look the Food number# then that number multiply x 10, then divide /3600 and the result will be the number of hours until the next time need to be fed. F.E the food number is 1850.5 1859.5x10=18595 /3600 = 5.1 hours
A fire wyvern is one of the best you can have because they are resistant to fire damage so alpha wyverns are much easier to kill same with all the wyverns they can't hurt each if they are the same element but the bite attack still works on all wyverns keep this in mind
1. Travel mount: Wyvern are very fast in the air, although their speed has slowly become irrelevant with the addition of even faster and more efficient travel mounts such as the bloodstalker and tropeognathus.
2. Wyvern killer/nest raider: Of course Wyverns can kill other Wyvern, just be careful not to get overwhelmed by a swarm.
3. Giga killer: Wyverns can easily kill gigas from a safe distance due to their ability to fly and ranged attacks.
4. Boss fight dino: Being the most powerful flyer, wyverns are often your best option in any boss arena that allows you to use flyers, although they might be outclassed by Tropeognathus in the desert titan fight.
5. Dino carryer: Like the quetzal, wyverns can carry fairly large dinos and drop them into pens for taming, although the task is a bit more tedious due to the wyvern's shifty turning radius.