To have your own wyvern you need to steal its egg, so there is a few things you need to have to go for a wyvern egg:
1. You need a flying dino that is fast and has decent stamina.
2. Locate the wyverns’ cave in any map you play (Ragnarok, Valguero, Scorched Earth, etc.).
3. Go near the cave and stop to regenerate stamina.
4. Try to see hoy many adult wyverns are flying around the cave. If there are too many you don’t have many chances to successfully steal an egg
5. When you are ready, fly into the cave and take the egg (I recommend to take the first one you see, because if you stay too long inside the cave, wyverns might kill you).
6. FLY AS FAST AS YOU CAN TO GET OUT OF THE CAVE.
7. If you can get out alive, you have made the hardest part, but you have still work to do.
8. When you arrive your base, put down and light around 10 or 15 torches in a circle, and place the egg in the middle.
9. Wait for it to hatch.
10. When the egg hatches, you will have to take care of the wyvern until it grows. You have to do the things that the wyvern asks you to do. The hardest one is to give it wyvern milk. To acquire this you need to knock out an adult wyvern or kill an Alfa. BUT THERE IS A MUCH EASIER WAY. If you have cryopods, try taking your wyvern in the cryopod and then let it out. Sometimes it changes the thing that the baby is asking for.
11. Keep doing the things that your wyvern wants until it grows.
I tamed a 150 perfect argy, beefed him up to 20k health and 800% damage, straight up yoinked a level 165 wyvern egg(which i didn’t know existed, thought it went it 150), annihilated all the angry losers, hatched it, forgot I needed milk and it died, don’t be me
I got a level 150 lightning egg and I was so excited to hatch the egg...that when I went to put the egg down I accidentally ate it instead. :( ps4 users: R2 ISN'T GONNA DROP THE EGG YOU'RE GONNA EAT IT LIKE ANY OTHER EGG. REMEMBER THIS. LOGIC BEFORE EXCITMENT.
Pro tip for Ragnarok, do NOT waste your time in the trench. There are many MANY wyverns there and it is much harder to lose them. Instead go to the south center of the map next to the desert and go into the wyvern cave. Coming from the south, it’s to the left of a waterfall just behind a rock (you’ll have to fly low to the water to get in. Once inside, stay out of the aggro range of the wyverns by the entrance and aim for the large pillar in the center. You’ll find all of the nests in this center area and if you got past the wyverns at the entrance, you have time to check the eggs and find your desired level & type. Once you have it, fly back to the entrance of the cave, and make your escape.
The escape is quite simple, once out of the cave, go straight up the waterfall and into the small cave where the stream is flowing. Follow that stream to the exit of the small cave and make your escape. You may also use this cave to enter the trench largely undetected (this is what I do).
Once you have the egg, you can either trap a female, narc it, and get milk. Or you can do it the easy way and cryo the baby when it asks for milk, which will reset what it asks for.
*NOTE: I go completely naked on a throwaway Pteranadon with AT LEAST 450 stamina. Usually I don’t even get hit because I use the C Spin to get back out of the wyvern cave, but you’ll want that stamina to ensure the longest flight time possible and a safe getaway*
Hope someone finds this helpful! I know I would have.
You can raise a wyverns without any milk. Tame a Daedon to heal the wyvern so it won’t die from hunger, and if you want full imprinting just put it in a cryopod then throw it back out if it asks for milk, that will change what they want
A another way to a egg from this creature is use a ovoraptor and make sure there is no adult wyverns around put the ovoraptor on follow and walk onto the nest (I recommend have it it already on the nest) and it will pick the egg up and you won’t be killed by a wyvern. If this helps pla up this.
Wiki: "You must go into its nest with a fast bird, steal an egg, run away from 50+ wyverns trying to kill you, go back, get a female wyvern, knock it out, get its milk to feed your baby wyvern, raise your baby wyvern for many real life days, never sleep, starve, make sure you got lots of milk, get arthritis, play non-stop, never see society again, boom you have yourself a wyvern."
Hatching: you need a very hot area. Use standing torches in a circle (10 to 15). Or build a room with a lot of air conditioners.
Imprinting and baby survival: Make sure you have wyvern milk. They only consume that for food when babies. You have to manually feed it to them until they are juvenile. It is also the only food they will ask for during care. Also set the follow behavior to lowest and disable wandering in case they wanna walk.
Wyvern milk can be obtained from knocking out a female wyvern and looting her. You get 5 milk. Doesn't respawn on same female.
Alpha Wyverns can be killed and looted for 50 milk.
Milk can be stored in preserve bins but not fridges.
Wyverns have 3 attacks. 3rd attack changes from flight to ground. Primary=bite, secondary=breath, tertiary(flight)=pick up creature, tertiary(land)=wing flap that pushes back enemies and knocks down trees(collects thatch more than wood)
No saddle needed. Friends can stand on back. Dismount doesn't throw you.