Use shadow steaks and bug repellent Guilin armor for it not to attack you when it wake up grab a fish in a basket (must be over 0.5) than go up to a resting one ko does not work neither does stun and than feed it the fish basket
You gotta tip toe like a slinky weasel behind the Shadowcat's tail as it slumbers, resist the urge to hug the fluffy murder kitty, and feed it a tasty basket of sardines from your hot bar. The kitty accepts this generous gift and disappears in a flash.
Passive tame using fish caught in Fish Basket in your 0-slot.
Larger X value fish seem to giver higher percentage tame per feed.
Fish Basket Tips:
1) Place basket in water and it will take several seconds before it is active. Once active you watch for fish to go near it and press E to catch it in the trap.
2) Fish in basket have a spoil timer. Place basket on hotbar and get in the water to refresh spoil timer.
3) Fish in basket can be released (into protected waters for security) and be “tamed”. You can later come back and put a basket down again to quickly re-catch the fish again. This allows you to have fish on standby for when you happen upon that particular Shadowmane you have been wanting.
4) Waiting on fish to get near basket can be a test in patience. Piranaha however will attack you, and can therefore be kited to a basket, where you will have a split second to catch it in the basket before it destroys the basket.
Taming Shadowman Tips:
1) Where Full Ghillie
2) The Shadowmane will do a few little circles when it is about to goto sleep
3) Crouch when within 30m of them.
4) I seemed to notice that if I had something in my hands, then they would wake just before I got there…so I go in empty handed.
5) If it aggros you, then taming will reset to 0.0%…so dont let it aggro you
6) As soon as you feed it, turn around and run away a good distance.
7) The taming does not wear off unless you get aggro…so be patient.
8) If there, is more than one Shadowmane in the group, it isnt required, but sure is easier if you take the time to split the group (fly high above in tek suit and shoot the unwanted ones with a rifle while they are all sleeping)
Note: this method requires a quetz. This is how we did it: we carried the little kitty back to the non-evil side of the map with our quetz and placed him in an open area with all dinosaurs killed beforehand. Do the usual where you feed it fish. Make sure you have your ghillie or eat cactus soup (or both). If its high level and you don't have enough time to tame him before night time, place a trap with stone doorways and carry the shadowmane with your quetz into the trap for the night. He won't lose taming during the night. That way you can also get more fish if you need to. Be aware that if you go too far he will unload and he will be able to leave the trap, so either leave a tribe member around to watch him or fish where you can see him. If you are using better dinos as of 06/11/21 , do not use wire baskets, it won't tame him.
2 mates on spoons.....clear the area that your shadowmane is in..we clear all trees, and ALL wild or tamed Dino’s other than our spinos....we choose take fish no less than 1.3x in size (level doesn’t matter on official). We wear ghillie full suit. We attempt taming from 9 am game time and stop attempting at 7 pm game time (1900 hours) it WILL hold it’s taming throughout the night for the next day to start where you left off....BE PATIENT, only approach from its back side when It’s laying down with your basket of fish. When I step off the spino at no closer than 27 meters from it, I crouch walk all the way to it, feed it, and turn around and crouch ALL the way back to my spino.....start tracking your tame, keep area clear of Dino’s or trees that glow lets lurk in.... dead Dino’s, or most live Dino’s really mess with this beast!! Keep all live and dead Dino’s harvested within 200 meters of your tame....rinse and repeat the process.... if it looks glitchy, let it walk around for a second.... if it starts jerking or looking like it’s coughing a hair ball, that means there is a Dino somewhere near by!!! Kill said Dino and let the shadowmane relax... hope this was helpful. Just tamed our first one on official pve. Thanks
It is a passive tame with fish baskets (0.5 or higher) and yes you do newd ghillie armour. But no you do not need a full set. Use ghillie gauntlets and pants and keep your tek jet pack, tek boots, and your tek helmet on. When it goes to sleep dont land too close or you will wake it up and reset taming. It is much easier to do it this way. Also uou dont need to catch new fish. Get cryos and catch the fish then put them in cryo until needed, release and re-cage then feed.