ARK: Survival Evolved Companion
Grapple an argentavis and go find a low level quetzal (faster knock out). Then dismount it and use your spyglass to whistle attack my target aiming the quetz. When you're close enough shoot it in the face as redo the process with the spyglass.
More Quetzal Taming & KO Tips
The fun way is to jump off and grapple to your argie and whistle it to attack and since argies are slow it won’t catch up in time so tranq till it goes out also bring parachutes and consider liking so more people will know
Idk why everyone makes this so complicated with all the grappling stuff all you have to do is,
1. Get or use a tapejara that’s a low level with a couple levels into movement speed
2. Get a rifle or crossbow with either darts or tranqs
3. Find a quetzal and then go to the back of your tapejara and set to attack the quetzal
(Since quetzals have high health and ur using a low level tapejara you can actually leave the tapejara to attack the quetzal, it’ll be fine)
4. Knock It out, not over water, and put whatever you want into it and ban you have a quetzal
Btw, you don’t need to worry about the tapejara’s stamina, it doesn’t decrease while you sit in the back seat
Guys this is the ersieht was to tame a quetzal. All you need is a tapejara.
1) Whisle your Tapejara to follow you
2) Ride you Tapejara and surch for a quetzal
3) When you found a quetzal, go an the back of the Tapejara (dont forget that you have to make the follow whisle on Tapejara, otherwise the will Flyer to the ground)
4) Make the attack whisle while you are on the Tapejata's back, so your tapejara will follow the quetzal.
5) Just shoot the quetzal with tranq darts/arrow and make the passive whisle on the Tapejara when he is too close to the Quetzal.
6) Repeat that till the quetzal gets knocked out and enjoy your quetzal taming.
TIPP: They spawn near the Obelisk and fly trought the whole map after spawning. GOOD LUCK!
Tamed it with cooked fish meat and missed my girlfriend's birthday and our wedding.
Net it, tranq it, find and kill an ovis, then come back to find it was killed by a compy
The longest way to tame a quetzal✨, first get 100 amber, and then find a griffins at the north west mountain in the island, pick a high level griffin, buy a change name card using 100 amber, and then use that change name card to change your name with the griffin you want to tame with its initial ( i cant explain it any better, just search it up in yt ) and then once it gains respect to you, lour it to your trap, and the give it narcotics after knocking it down, and then go to the south cave and get the artifact, and now tribute it to any obelisk and you'll have a chance for a 10× soothing balm, and then put raw prime meat in the griffin and the soothing balm, and once its tamed, go get rifle with tranc dart, and then knock down the quetzal while riding the griffin, you're welcome.
Use a tapejara, sit on the passager seat and set it on my target. Then make it fly to the quetz. Shoot the quetz with any sort of tranq ammo. Do this reapetly and you Have knocked quetz👌
If you manage to knock a quetzal out, try starve taming. If you never tried starve taming it’s just leaving a Dino’s hunger go to half way or lower and then you start feeding. I’ve done this many times and it’s very useful taming trick.
I highly recommend taking a equus before hand. If the quetz lands in water, you can use the lasso to drag it out.
Important note !!
Quetz will not follow you if you eat a rare flower!