Guys this is the ersieht was to tame a quetzal. All you need is a tapejara.
1) Whisle your Tapejara to follow you
2) Ride you Tapejara and surch for a quetzal
3) When you found a quetzal, go an the back of the Tapejara (dont forget that you have to make the follow whisle on Tapejara, otherwise the will Flyer to the ground)
4) Make the attack whisle while you are on the Tapejata's back, so your tapejara will follow the quetzal.
5) Just shoot the quetzal with tranq darts/arrow and make the passive whisle on the Tapejara when he is too close to the Quetzal.
6) Repeat that till the quetzal gets knocked out and enjoy your quetzal taming.
TIPP: They spawn near the Obelisk and fly trought the whole map after spawning. GOOD LUCK!
If it was helpful⬆️ If not⬇️
The fun way is to jump off and grapple to your argie and whistle it to attack and since argies are slow it won’t catch up in time so tranq till it goes out also bring parachutes and consider liking so more people will know
If you drop a quetzal due to knockout, and it lands next to a giga...just know, the quetzal belong to the giga. Now you get to watch your would be quetzal get eaten by a giga. Now you can go home and cry.
I swear when ever I would knock one of these guys out if would always find a way to commit suicide from getting knocked out in the middle of the swamp to drowning in the most tiny puddle I ever seen. I cried because this game just does not want me to have a quetzal
If you manage to knock a quetzal out, try starve taming. If you never tried starve taming it’s just leaving a Dino’s hunger go to half way or lower and then you start feeding. I’ve done this many times and it’s very useful taming trick.
Be careful taming these, they have a glitch that makes them go to coordinates 50 50 when high torpor,
50 50 on the island is the redwoods,
50 50 on Ragnarok is murdersnow,
50 50 on the center I'm not totally sure,
50 50 on velguero is in the lake I think,
And 50 50 on extinction is the safest, in sanctuary city.
On rag, use a griffin and tranq darts... you can shoot from the back of the griffin while flying.... Just watch where the Quetzal lands and be prepared to kill the wild dinos round it when it does fall, like so people can see.
The easiest way to tame for mobile players is to kill it take its implant make a revival platform build a thatch house around the platform res pawn it knock it out give it meat give it a saddle and if you made the house right when you ride the quetzal he will tellport through the ceiling