ARK: Survival Evolved Companion
Ive heard/saw on youtube that you can just jump off your argentavis or any other of your tamed flying dinosaurs and land on the wing of thw wild quetzel. make sure your bird is following you to. You can then just shoot it in the head till it knocks out. Make sure you have a parachute with you just in case you miss the bird.
More Quetzal Taming & KO Tips
The fun way is to jump off and grapple to your argie and whistle it to attack and since argies are slow it won’t catch up in time so tranq till it goes out also bring parachutes and consider liking so more people will know
Idk why everyone makes this so complicated with all the grappling stuff all you have to do is,
1. Get or use a tapejara that’s a low level with a couple levels into movement speed
2. Get a rifle or crossbow with either darts or tranqs
3. Find a quetzal and then go to the back of your tapejara and set to attack the quetzal
(Since quetzals have high health and ur using a low level tapejara you can actually leave the tapejara to attack the quetzal, it’ll be fine)
4. Knock It out, not over water, and put whatever you want into it and ban you have a quetzal
Btw, you don’t need to worry about the tapejara’s stamina, it doesn’t decrease while you sit in the back seat
Guys this is the ersieht was to tame a quetzal. All you need is a tapejara.
1) Whisle your Tapejara to follow you
2) Ride you Tapejara and surch for a quetzal
3) When you found a quetzal, go an the back of the Tapejara (dont forget that you have to make the follow whisle on Tapejara, otherwise the will Flyer to the ground)
4) Make the attack whisle while you are on the Tapejata's back, so your tapejara will follow the quetzal.
5) Just shoot the quetzal with tranq darts/arrow and make the passive whisle on the Tapejara when he is too close to the Quetzal.
6) Repeat that till the quetzal gets knocked out and enjoy your quetzal taming.
TIPP: They spawn near the Obelisk and fly trought the whole map after spawning. GOOD LUCK!
Tamed it with cooked fish meat and missed my girlfriend's birthday and our wedding.
I highly recommend taking a equus before hand. If the quetz lands in water, you can use the lasso to drag it out.
Net it, tranq it, find and kill an ovis, then come back to find it was killed by a compy
If you manage to knock a quetzal out, try starve taming. If you never tried starve taming it’s just leaving a Dino’s hunger go to half way or lower and then you start feeding. I’ve done this many times and it’s very useful taming trick.
Important note !!
Quetz will not follow you if you eat a rare flower!
If you have any dodo arrows, make a trap (tutorials on YouTube) the shoot the quetzal with the dodo arrows. The quetzal will get triggered at you and lead it to the trap.
Required: Tape/Griffin/Desmodus (best method: tape is low lvl/tamed at a low lvl), Rifle/Crossbow and Torpor ammo
Optional: Spike Fences
Step 1. Find your Quetzal
Step 2. Start Tranqing. On a Tape, set it to attack the quetzal and shoot from the second seat on the saddle. On a server it may be easier to have a friend/tribe member tranq it for you while you chase it
Step 3. Secure the area around your Quetzal. This can be with spike fences, or getting another tame/good weapon to fight off other creatures
Step 4. Tame
Step 5. Enjoy your quetzal :)
For those on this section saying things along the lines of “why are people making this so difficult ‘kill, revive, tame’”, Revival Platforms are not available on computer without mods. They are a specifically mobile thing along side amber and soothing balm, as well as other things.