ARK: Survival Evolved Companion
Easiest way to tame a quetz is to have a quetz with a cage built on it.(assuming you or our tribe already had one) Trap the wild quetz with the quetzal cage being sure to put down your walls at the front of the quetzal cage to lock it in. Hop off your quetz and shoot the recommended amount of arrows into it until it drops. Its at this point you have two options, you can either tame it in the air or have your tribe mates clear the ground area of any agressive dinos below it so that you can the drop the wild quetz on the ground where your not as restricted to what your able to do during the taming process. Be sure to put double spikes around the wild quetz on the ground because some dino such as dilos and carnos can attack through the spikes. This is the easiest tamin method to date once you already have a quetz established.
More Quetzal Taming & KO Tips
God damn these things need to touch grass
The fun way is to jump off and grapple to your argie and whistle it to attack and since argies are slow it won’t catch up in time so tranq till it goes out also bring parachutes and consider liking so more people will know
Idk why everyone makes this so complicated with all the grappling stuff all you have to do is,
1. Get or use a tapejara that’s a low level with a couple levels into movement speed
2. Get a rifle or crossbow with either darts or tranqs
3. Find a quetzal and then go to the back of your tapejara and set to attack the quetzal
(Since quetzals have high health and ur using a low level tapejara you can actually leave the tapejara to attack the quetzal, it’ll be fine)
4. Knock It out, not over water, and put whatever you want into it and ban you have a quetzal
Btw, you don’t need to worry about the tapejara’s stamina, it doesn’t decrease while you sit in the back seat
If you drop a quetzal due to knockout, and it lands next to a giga...just know, the quetzal belong to the giga. Now you get to watch your would be quetzal get eaten by a giga. Now you can go home and cry.
Guys this is the ersieht was to tame a quetzal. All you need is a tapejara.
1) Whisle your Tapejara to follow you
2) Ride you Tapejara and surch for a quetzal
3) When you found a quetzal, go an the back of the Tapejara (dont forget that you have to make the follow whisle on Tapejara, otherwise the will Flyer to the ground)
4) Make the attack whisle while you are on the Tapejata's back, so your tapejara will follow the quetzal.
5) Just shoot the quetzal with tranq darts/arrow and make the passive whisle on the Tapejara when he is too close to the Quetzal.
6) Repeat that till the quetzal gets knocked out and enjoy your quetzal taming.
TIPP: They spawn near the Obelisk and fly trought the whole map after spawning. GOOD LUCK!
Tamed it with cooked fish meat and missed my girlfriend's birthday and our wedding.
Net it, tranq it, find and kill an ovis, then come back to find it was killed by a compy
You can either use three tactics:
1: if u have an argy level it's speed up to 120+ and grapple
2: sit on the passenger seat and shoot it darts until knocked
3: the easiest way is getting a griffin since u can use weapons on em
Use a balm and rex kibble, exceptional kibble or mutton for taming and bring bio toxins
Use a tapejara, sit on the passager seat and set it on my target. Then make it fly to the quetz. Shoot the quetz with any sort of tranq ammo. Do this reapetly and you Have knocked quetz👌
If you manage to knock a quetzal out, try starve taming. If you never tried starve taming it’s just leaving a Dino’s hunger go to half way or lower and then you start feeding. I’ve done this many times and it’s very useful taming trick.