For my first Quetzal, I was on my Pteradon and had my friend being carried with a crossbow with tranquilizer darts. I had to chase it for a good 20-40 minutes. He had to get the perfect angle. Probably isn't the most effective way,but still works. When we found another that was Tek, we used our Quetzal to follow it around and shot it with tranquilizer darts. It worked a lot faster.
Guys this is the ersieht was to tame a quetzal. All you need is a tapejara.
1) Whisle your Tapejara to follow you
2) Ride you Tapejara and surch for a quetzal
3) When you found a quetzal, go an the back of the Tapejara (dont forget that you have to make the follow whisle on Tapejara, otherwise the will Flyer to the ground)
4) Make the attack whisle while you are on the Tapejata's back, so your tapejara will follow the quetzal.
5) Just shoot the quetzal with tranq darts/arrow and make the passive whisle on the Tapejara when he is too close to the Quetzal.
6) Repeat that till the quetzal gets knocked out and enjoy your quetzal taming.
TIPP: They spawn near the Obelisk and fly trought the whole map after spawning. GOOD LUCK!
If it was helpful⬆️ If not⬇️
The fun way is to jump off and grapple to your argie and whistle it to attack and since argies are slow it won’t catch up in time so tranq till it goes out also bring parachutes and consider liking so more people will know
If you drop a quetzal due to knockout, and it lands next to a giga...just know, the quetzal belong to the giga. Now you get to watch your would be quetzal get eaten by a giga. Now you can go home and cry.
I swear when ever I would knock one of these guys out if would always find a way to commit suicide from getting knocked out in the middle of the swamp to drowning in the most tiny puddle I ever seen. I cried because this game just does not want me to have a quetzal
If you manage to knock a quetzal out, try starve taming. If you never tried starve taming it’s just leaving a Dino’s hunger go to half way or lower and then you start feeding. I’ve done this many times and it’s very useful taming trick.