ARK: Survival Evolved Companion
We have found that the best way to tame a quetz is to trap it with another quetz. On a quetz platform saddle, it must be 3 walls high, with some ceilings to keep it in, and some open spaces on the sides, but walls to keep it in as well. Leave the back open and fly in front of the quetz. Let the quetz fly into the trap(the front-middle of the platform must be open so the head can go through far enough). Once the quetz is in, DO NOT MOVE, or it will go right through the trap. Put walls in the middle of the back of the catcher to trap it in, and tranq it. Once it's down, you can tame it in the air, or just move a little and it'll drop out to the ground and you can put spikes around it to tame it where it fell.
More Quetzal Taming & KO Tips
God damn these things need to touch grass
The fun way is to jump off and grapple to your argie and whistle it to attack and since argies are slow it won’t catch up in time so tranq till it goes out also bring parachutes and consider liking so more people will know
Idk why everyone makes this so complicated with all the grappling stuff all you have to do is,
1. Get or use a tapejara that’s a low level with a couple levels into movement speed
2. Get a rifle or crossbow with either darts or tranqs
3. Find a quetzal and then go to the back of your tapejara and set to attack the quetzal
(Since quetzals have high health and ur using a low level tapejara you can actually leave the tapejara to attack the quetzal, it’ll be fine)
4. Knock It out, not over water, and put whatever you want into it and ban you have a quetzal
Btw, you don’t need to worry about the tapejara’s stamina, it doesn’t decrease while you sit in the back seat
If you drop a quetzal due to knockout, and it lands next to a giga...just know, the quetzal belong to the giga. Now you get to watch your would be quetzal get eaten by a giga. Now you can go home and cry.
Guys this is the ersieht was to tame a quetzal. All you need is a tapejara.
1) Whisle your Tapejara to follow you
2) Ride you Tapejara and surch for a quetzal
3) When you found a quetzal, go an the back of the Tapejara (dont forget that you have to make the follow whisle on Tapejara, otherwise the will Flyer to the ground)
4) Make the attack whisle while you are on the Tapejata's back, so your tapejara will follow the quetzal.
5) Just shoot the quetzal with tranq darts/arrow and make the passive whisle on the Tapejara when he is too close to the Quetzal.
6) Repeat that till the quetzal gets knocked out and enjoy your quetzal taming.
TIPP: They spawn near the Obelisk and fly trought the whole map after spawning. GOOD LUCK!
Tamed it with cooked fish meat and missed my girlfriend's birthday and our wedding.
Net it, tranq it, find and kill an ovis, then come back to find it was killed by a compy
You can either use three tactics:
1: if u have an argy level it's speed up to 120+ and grapple
2: sit on the passenger seat and shoot it darts until knocked
3: the easiest way is getting a griffin since u can use weapons on em
Use a balm and rex kibble, exceptional kibble or mutton for taming and bring bio toxins
Use a tapejara, sit on the passager seat and set it on my target. Then make it fly to the quetz. Shoot the quetz with any sort of tranq ammo. Do this reapetly and you Have knocked quetz👌
If you manage to knock a quetzal out, try starve taming. If you never tried starve taming it’s just leaving a Dino’s hunger go to half way or lower and then you start feeding. I’ve done this many times and it’s very useful taming trick.