Ride a Griffin then take out a rifle . Shoot it then keep following it entail it stops runing then shoot again and again entill it's knocked out . Also if on ragnorok look for it in the wyvern trench or proferably in the ice regions but watch out for yutyranuses !
Guys this is the ersieht was to tame a quetzal. All you need is a tapejara.
1) Whisle your Tapejara to follow you
2) Ride you Tapejara and surch for a quetzal
3) When you found a quetzal, go an the back of the Tapejara (dont forget that you have to make the follow whisle on Tapejara, otherwise the will Flyer to the ground)
4) Make the attack whisle while you are on the Tapejata's back, so your tapejara will follow the quetzal.
5) Just shoot the quetzal with tranq darts/arrow and make the passive whisle on the Tapejara when he is too close to the Quetzal.
6) Repeat that till the quetzal gets knocked out and enjoy your quetzal taming.
TIPP: They spawn near the Obelisk and fly trought the whole map after spawning. GOOD LUCK!
If it was helpful⬆️ If not⬇️
The fun way is to jump off and grapple to your argie and whistle it to attack and since argies are slow it won’t catch up in time so tranq till it goes out also bring parachutes and consider liking so more people will know
If you drop a quetzal due to knockout, and it lands next to a giga...just know, the quetzal belong to the giga. Now you get to watch your would be quetzal get eaten by a giga. Now you can go home and cry.
How to tame a quetzal, solo, on mobile, with a pteranodon:
1. Ride your fastest mount, and kill a quetzal. Leave the body, and let it fall to the ground
2. Collect the creature implant from the dead body
3. Create a revival platform
4. Surround revival platform with metal foundations, and on those metal foundations, put a three-wall high metal fence (using the metal door frames). Cover the whole thing with metal roofing.
5. Revive the wild quetzal. It can’t escape, so just knock it out with darts or poisons arrows etc
You now have a quetzal
For people about lvl 40: these things spawn at the oblisks but the red one is normally most found on use grappling hook and hook your pteranodon’s anus then whistle attack and shoot and whistle passive and repeat use rex kibble and not meat since THE DAM MEAT TAKES 50 YEARS if your reading this i dare you to feed it with stimberries (☝︎ ՞ਊ ՞)☝︎If you want to save da nubs thx for reading this long as comment lol -Drax
If you manage to knock a quetzal out, try starve taming. If you never tried starve taming it’s just leaving a Dino’s hunger go to half way or lower and then you start feeding. I’ve done this many times and it’s very useful taming trick.