These guys seem useless at first, but are great tames! They’re found on two maps, in one biome for each map. They’re found on gen 2 and lost island, eden biome on gen 2 and on lost island, the grass platoi areas.
They lay eggs of different qualities, from basic to exceptional! This allows for great and easy taming! They are also the first genderless BUT breed-able creatures, thus being extremely unique! They are mammals, thus they breed with a gestation period after the breeding! They are great tames and can be used for many things! They are the fastest creature you can get on lost island, making it easy to get wyvern eggs if the wyverns are distracted! The taming is pretty simple thankfully! Best way to tame them, is by netting them and then building a trap around them, then nocking them out. They’re saddle is easy to craft and unlocked early, thus this can be a very good early tame! To end this of, I’d like to tell you all that this creature is based of a flying squirrel and a platypus! For now, hope your ride with the colony ship stays steady! And remember! Keep surviving! And for one of these touching on the other genesis creatures, just let me know, by taking this to ten ups!
How to tame on fjorder! (Bc that’s the map I’m on♥️)
items needed: Net gun, Net projectile, Kibble/Berries/Meat and a good Dino for protection (Thylacoleo spawn near and by the Maewing spawn area)
1. There located in the redwoods, North East, Top right corner of the map
2. Go to 21.18 83.3 and you should see a lake and then you should see them/one now it gets tricky..
3. If it’s out of the water you are in luck!! If it’s in the water that’s gonna be harder, if it’s in the water shoot it so it comes out but you will have to chase after it because they won’t come and attack you once you find it net-projectile it and knock it out (preferable weapon: Shotgun). If it’s on land just projectile it and knock it out.
4. Feed it the kibble/Berry/Meat(It’s a omnivore) and watch it’s torpor just incase it doesn’t go down that fast but still.
5. Watch out for predators like: Terror bird, Thylacoleo, Direbear, Troodon all of the dangerous stuff.
6. cryopod the Milker and take it back to base, place it down, name it(if you have a name) and yea! You got a maewing :)
How to use(Nursing)
Items needed: Meat(if carnivore or omnivore)Berrys(If herbivore or omnivore) etc(if diff)inside of the maewings inventory. Proceed to put your baby to the maewing, go into the maewings wheel and press nursing mode and milk will uhh.. *silence* squirt out of its.. tittys yea uhm.. Ignore that😃. Your baby’s will have a trough above there head, that means the maewing is nursing them, it will make them go up so you don’t have to do it by putting food in the baby/trough. But you still have to take part and put food in the maewing. Cryopod your baby’s and turn off nursing for the maewing when logging off unless you have a tribe member who will watch over the baby’s a little and get meat etc for the baby’s to put in the maewing.