I recommend, if u don’t have a spyglass, to get enough arrows for a 150. Just in case the Carno you have your eye on happens to be that. I tamed a lvl 60 but outrunning it with my raptor and shooting it with arrows. Its not easy, but it gets the job done without having to build traps and stuff like that. You can just bear trap it and knock it that way.
Rookie taming method (worked first time):
1. Craft a larg bear trap (and about 15 tranq arrows)
2. Find a carno out In the open and easy to see/fire at
3.get carno to aggro on you (somehow) and walk into the trap
4. Tranq it quickly before it breaks out
An easy way to keep a carno at a good enough range to hit it safely with tranquilizers is to build a wall three wide and three tall on fence foundations with two doorways stacked on top of eachother with no doors to shoot through. Then, aggro the carno and lead it to the wall. Then run through the door way to get it stuck and proceed to KO it.
Pretty good beginner dino, tamed a level 1 one just now-took 1 traq arrow from a cross bow to knock, 5 regular raw meat to tame, and I didn't even get hurt in the process. As well as doing a sufficient amount of damage to protect you, it has an ability to knock creatures back with its horns.
There’s 3 easy ways I found to tame one
1. This requires a tribe mate and a flyer. Have your person on the flyer pick up the other, find your carno you wanna tame and just slowly fly forward so it doesn’t lose agro. Put spike walls around it for protection
2. Trap it. 3x3 Wood or stone should work. 2 high door frames on each side, build ramps on one side to allow the carno to get into the trap. Once it has agro, run into it and slip through the door frames when it is in the trap. You shouldn’t need spikes but you can if you want
3. Run and gun, it’s in the name, just run and tranq it out, your you could agro it onto a diplo and get an easy knock out, as they only do knock back.
It’s ez, just get a stack or two of raw meat, find one, get a bow or crossbow, and tranq arrows. it took about four tranq arrows from a crossbow to knock mine. I got a bit damaged tho, so to be safe, get some range or a fast mount like a raptor or gallimimus. Good luck