Me and my tribe made a pretty good strategy. Get two high level argies, and put one's points all into speed (and make sure it's over 200%) and put the other's to 200% and the rest on health. Starting at the northnmost or southernmost point, send in the fast argie to locate an egg. Then fly out and land on a nearby mountain. Tell your tribemate(s) where the egg is and send in the high health argie, and possibly others to lead away most of the nearby wyverns into the desert or preferably the mountains, where they get stuck and loose you easily. The fly in on the fast argie, hop off, grab the egg, get back on and run like there's no tomorrow into the mountains. Have your tribemates come in to kill of help loose the wyverns. A few other tips: Bring a jerboa. It there's a sandstorm or heat wave while you're getting chased by hundreds of wyverns, good luck! Also, only bring things that you're willing to loose. Make sure to have a nearby base with beds for when you die, because you WILL die!
To have your own wyvern you need to steal its egg, so there is a few things you need to have to go for a wyvern egg:
1. You need a flying dino that is fast and has decent stamina.
2. Locate the wyverns’ cave in any map you play (Ragnarok, Valguero, Scorched Earth, etc.).
3. Go near the cave and stop to regenerate stamina.
4. Try to see hoy many adult wyverns are flying around the cave. If there are too many you don’t have many chances to successfully steal an egg
5. When you are ready, fly into the cave and take the egg (I recommend to take the first one you see, because if you stay too long inside the cave, wyverns might kill you).
6. FLY AS FAST AS YOU CAN TO GET OUT OF THE CAVE.
7. If you can get out alive, you have made the hardest part, but you have still work to do.
8. When you arrive your base, put down and light around 10 or 15 torches in a circle, and place the egg in the middle.
9. Wait for it to hatch.
10. When the egg hatches, you will have to take care of the wyvern until it grows. You have to do the things that the wyvern asks you to do. The hardest one is to give it wyvern milk. To acquire this you need to knock out an adult wyvern or kill an Alfa. BUT THERE IS A MUCH EASIER WAY. If you have cryopods, try taking your wyvern in the cryopod and then let it out. Sometimes it changes the thing that the baby is asking for.
11. Keep doing the things that your wyvern wants until it grows.
I tamed a 150 perfect argy, beefed him up to 20k health and 800% damage, straight up yoinked a level 165 wyvern egg(which i didn’t know existed, thought it went it 150), annihilated all the angry losers, hatched it, forgot I needed milk and it died, don’t be me
I got a level 150 lightning egg and I was so excited to hatch the egg...that when I went to put the egg down I accidentally ate it instead. :( ps4 users: R2 ISN'T GONNA DROP THE EGG YOU'RE GONNA EAT IT LIKE ANY OTHER EGG. REMEMBER THIS. LOGIC BEFORE EXCITMENT.
Most people use the term “steal” when it comes to their eggs, I prefer the word “take”.
We are humans, we are smarter. We don’t have to cower in shadow of their great, majestic, horrible wings. Grab yourself a creature with platform, build 8-10 automatic turrets on it, bring 3000+ bullets, bring your trusty flying mount of choice, and watch them fall to the glorious, bottomless malice of mankind in seconds and when all fell to ash and cinders, fly up to their empty nests and have your picks.