Totally worth it, the best tame in “the island” (do be prepared, for it is expensive, time consuming, and takes some preparation to have one) first, get a triceratops (can be any level, preferably 100+), obtain a rhyniognatha pheromone by killing one rhyniognatha , then obtain a quetzal so you can carry the triceratops away when you are done, due that if you cryopod it with the larva it will remove it, do what you must do to bring a wild female rhyniognathta to low HP, somewhere around 10-20% of its health (see blood in body, use shotgun or fabricated pistol ), hit it enough times until it prepares a attack with its tail and rushes at you, that’ll be the egg laying, then carry the trike to your base, there, it should take 8 hours to hatch, killing the trike in the process (make sure you are prepared for the most funky and wacky cravings by the triceratops, I haven’t tested it yet but it should affect level by 25lv/craving, they occur in an hour each), the maturation for rhyniognatha shouldn’t be more than 2-3 days, afterwards it’s fully grown, you can fly with it, faster than most, if not all flying tames, doesn’t waste much energy, has 1500 carry weight , and is optimal against alpha carnos/raptors of all levels, also kitting giga/carcha (all these measures where made with Traz, the 50 level born male rhyniognatha, currently level 101), most importantly, make sure you have a sap farm ready by the red woods , due that your new buddy will consume a lot of it and turn it into raisin that can be shot as three different projectiles and be turned into armor, upgrade life, melee damage and mostly stamina , it can carry yutys, rexes, and smaller creatures (use this at your advantage , due that the rhyniognatha has incredible flying speed). Cheers and success - Leon.
- Arthropleura will sometimes drop an enzyme that works in conjuntion with rhyniognatha glue to form a projectile similar to baboon dung.
- Can glue itself to creatures & cargo (maybe it really can carry much larger dinos)
- Rhyniognatha also have a resin that hardens it shell for a boost, and can shoot resin to either be a literal chaingun, or can help to slow down predators. It’s safe to say that this chunky earwig will be ark’s AH-64 Apache.
- The males release a pheromene that attracts egg laying females to lay their eggs into the “host”. The item can presumably be dropped by dead male rhynio’s. This can be used to mark hosts for the females. This is the wa of taming them. It’s not known if certain creature hosts will improve the taming effectiveness though.
- Screw calling the pest control. The new concept is still very large.
Tired of wasting that resin on your potoato aim? That bothersome compy keeps dodging your shots? Try Rhynios Sniper mode! Simply equip a spyglass and notice your reticle center on your target. Guaranteed hit. Happy hunting.
High levels can be great for carrying Dino’s who run/attack back
The amount of HP And Weight cap is insane for picking up lots of useful Dino’s, it’s great as a carrier as well
Take a rex, for example. Rex are dangerous and you are broke on materials to make a trap but you have a high-level rhynio, use the rhynio (yes it can pick up rexes it’s cool) and pick it up, have your tribe mate go ahead and tranq it out while the rhynio goes ahead and tanks damage (with resin armor it takes 20-40 damage)
Rhynio can also stun/encase creatures with Amber with the sniper mode (RB + LT on xbox) or the grenade launcher mode, you will see a sort of bar on top of the creature and the more you hit it, the more icons get colored with an Amber color, once it turns full and red, the creature is now stuck and has basically to no movement speed, making tames like Gallimimus easy
The Taunt attack (Hold R3 or Right Thumbstick) will do the reduced version of the fear roar from the yuty, making an blue/teal aura around Dino’s
I learnt this from experience, and I will sea you layter