The best way to tame any Dino in the game is to build a taming pin you will need a buddy one to lure the Dino in and the other to shut the gate behind you once you have done this also make note when building to put two door ways one big enough for the Dino to walk in second small enough you can walk/swim out. Now once you swim/walk out you will want to make sure your doing so in a safe area so add an attachment around the area. You will then want to attach a ladder inside the structure for easy access above the desired tamed Dino then fire arrows onto the Dino until it is out cold. Jump in and add narcs and kib. Make sure you already have a saddle and safe place to secure your Dino by doing so and knowing where you are going you will slim the risk of your Dino being killed and yourself. But the best thing about knowing how to tame efficiently is knowing that most Dino's run in pairs don't just tame one female especially if there is a male besides it. It allows you to breed later on.
1. Get a itchthy
2. Get a good crossbow (any works)
3. Find a good Megalodon
4. Fire Tranq arrows from Itchthy
- Itchthys don’t attract any water creature, use that advantage against the mega
-You can use weapons on an itchthy!
What they're good for: I'd say they're good for defense mainly. You could also take them out hunting for fish food.
Where to find: ocean water
How to tame: get a crossbow and tranq arrows. Find a shark close to shore. Shoot shark and swim to shore, swim back out into water and shoot. Repeat this until shark is down. Feed meat and narcotics if necessary. *guaranteed to not get bitten this way*
I personally tame sharks, crypod them and go back to my base where I live right next to a small lake. I put 3-10 sharks in the lake and put them on wander and aggressive mode. If anyone or anything goes into the lake, they'll be dead in seconds. Also if I happen to be getting raided while online, I pick the raiders up with my bird and drop them into the shark infested lake. :)
1. Ride on Ichthyosaurus since nothing will agro on you in the water unless you feed a basilosaurus food and mantas see that.
2. Crossbow ONLY with tranqs or longneck rifle with darts to knock it out.
3. Have some bio toxin beforehand (10 is more than enough)
4. Feed raw or prime meat because fish meat is less effective.
5. You have got yourself a shark pet.