1. Get a itchthy
2. Get a good crossbow (any works)
3. Find a good Megalodon
4. Fire Tranq arrows from Itchthy
- Itchthys don’t attract any water creature, use that advantage against the mega
-You can use weapons on an itchthy!
1. Get an ichthy with a saddle
2. Find a megalodon underwater
3. Kite the megalodon to shallow water with your ichthy
4. Tranquilize it from the shore or a rock safely
5. Make sure you don't keep shooting it after it is KO (I learned this the hard way)
6. Name it Bruce
These terrors of the ocean may seem a very strong and a late-game tame, but my first megalodon was tamed when I was less than level 20, all I did was go into the water and lure it to a place shallow enough then knocked it with a club, took very long to knock out but it was worth that time.
I tamed mine by making it come to the shallows and getting it stuck by swimming in circles and using a club, you can get it early by doing this. I used a new club and when I was done it was at quarter health.