They have a bad turning circle as wild and this can be used to your advantage, go for a dry run and run around a wild one to find this turning circle they have then once you are comfortable gear up with crossbow and tranqs and good luck. Can be a long tame if you're not using kibble!
Short Taming Guide:
1) Go to East beach by giga mountain (North 1 / East 3).
2) Set up the argy trap on the beach (4 stone gateways with one gate at each end).
3) Place down some beds for back up.
4) This area often has argys flying around on the beach, so if you see one shoot it with an arrow and lure it into trap.
5) Tranq it using body shots mainly.
Please note this is a guide for those who lack a flyer or tame which can get them to more dangerous argys spawn zones.
Upwote if you found this helpful!
You can insta tame it by making it attack you and it will harvest a body then knock it out when it has the health increase stat (green thing around its head)then once it is knocked out I will tame automatically, HELP THE BOBS
For ark mobile: traps are not required for low levelled argies, just keep a friend or two with you and tranq it when it's attacking you, using toxicant arrows is better, it will go down in just 4-5 toxicant arrows.