You can't knock out wyverns you must have a dragon egg (Fire,Lightning and poison).You can find eggs in little wyvern nests in the world scar behind the big range of mountains to the left on your map.The wyvern nests are in on the sides. Make sure you have a good high level Arge so you can escape with an egg. As soon as you take one other wyverns will come after you so you have to go! The Arge should have at least 2000 health and 400% movement speed because the wyverns might spit fire, lighting, or poison at you. Take the egg back to your base and fly as fast as you can because the dragon will follow you until you get out of it's range. Once you have the egg at your base place it around 15 campfires because it needs to be really hot. It will take awhile to hatch so you can boost the taming speed by a lot to be quicker at the home screen and go back to the world scar and get wyvern milk from female wyverns (only wyvern babies don't eat meat). Keep feeding it milk and you have a wyvern.
To have your own wyvern you need to steal its egg, so there is a few things you need to have to go for a wyvern egg:
1. You need a flying dino that is fast and has decent stamina.
2. Locate the wyverns’ cave in any map you play (Ragnarok, Valguero, Scorched Earth, etc.).
3. Go near the cave and stop to regenerate stamina.
4. Try to see hoy many adult wyverns are flying around the cave. If there are too many you don’t have many chances to successfully steal an egg
5. When you are ready, fly into the cave and take the egg (I recommend to take the first one you see, because if you stay too long inside the cave, wyverns might kill you).
6. FLY AS FAST AS YOU CAN TO GET OUT OF THE CAVE.
7. If you can get out alive, you have made the hardest part, but you have still work to do.
8. When you arrive your base, put down and light around 10 or 15 torches in a circle, and place the egg in the middle.
9. Wait for it to hatch.
10. When the egg hatches, you will have to take care of the wyvern until it grows. You have to do the things that the wyvern asks you to do. The hardest one is to give it wyvern milk. To acquire this you need to knock out an adult wyvern or kill an Alfa. BUT THERE IS A MUCH EASIER WAY. If you have cryopods, try taking your wyvern in the cryopod and then let it out. Sometimes it changes the thing that the baby is asking for.
11. Keep doing the things that your wyvern wants until it grows.
I tamed a 150 perfect argy, beefed him up to 20k health and 800% damage, straight up yoinked a level 165 wyvern egg(which i didn’t know existed, thought it went it 150), annihilated all the angry losers, hatched it, forgot I needed milk and it died, don’t be me
Most people use the term “steal” when it comes to their eggs, I prefer the word “take”.
We are humans, we are smarter. We don’t have to cower in shadow of their great, majestic, horrible wings. Grab yourself a creature with platform, build 8-10 automatic turrets on it, bring 3000+ bullets, bring your trusty flying mount of choice, and watch them fall to the glorious, bottomless malice of mankind in seconds and when all fell to ash and cinders, fly up to their empty nests and have your picks.
I got a level 150 lightning egg and I was so excited to hatch the egg...that when I went to put the egg down I accidentally ate it instead. :( ps4 users: R2 ISN'T GONNA DROP THE EGG YOU'RE GONNA EAT IT LIKE ANY OTHER EGG. REMEMBER THIS. LOGIC BEFORE EXCITMENT.