ARK: Survival Evolved Companion
Rip cole the thylacoleo u live god life 🙏 💔
More Thylacoleo Taming & KO Tips
I actually tamed one of these on accident. I had built a trap for taming a Trike and when searching for one to agro I got jumped at by a Thyla and freaked out and ran to my base but the beast just jumped right into my trap. After that it was easy to knock him out with my tranqs. I named him Cole btw, he was a great guy. But just like any story about your perfect pet on ark.... you lose them. We were on a metal run and I was taking him because he can jump far. When I saw some metal I got off and started hitting it but suddenly I got attacked by 3 terror birds and Cole jumped right off a cliff to catch one. Normally these guys can survive a fall but after saving me from the terror bird he had fallen into a swamp :( . Instantly he was ambushed by a Kapro and two Sarcos. He fought well and killed the first Sarco but in the end he died. I have a gravestone at my old base which reads “ here lies a great frienship that came about by what seems to have been chance but was the invisible connection between him and his soon to be owner that would spend so much time together and still be protecting his beloved friend to his death.” RIP Cole 😰😥😭
This valiant Thyla who life was so unfair to. I just wish I had more time to tell him how much he meant to me. 😟
Guys you better tame it,because I have 2 thylas in lost island called chleo and Chloe,since I tamed them,I became unstoppable! 1up-1like for Chloe and Chleo :)
I was upset the app doesn't have it listed in Fjördur, but Thylas are actually on the map. Let's try to get it updated!
Set a parasaur on turret mode and fly over redwoods carrying it with a flyer. Any of these things will get marked.
They prefer cooked meat over raw. Don't waste your precious raw mutton, better cook it, as it tames faster and with higher efficiency.
Rip Cole we thank thee for your service…🥺😔
How To Tame A Thylacoleo:
1. Make a bear trap and crossbow with tranq arrows or a longneck with tranq darts
2. Go into the Redwoods on any map, DO NOT fly on anything because the Thylacoleo can jump out of trees and take out your flyer, on Scorched Earth it spawns pretty close to the Wyvern Trench, so be careful
3. Look for a decent Thyla, I’d recommend 145-150 you can usually find them chasing a Gallimimus
4. Place down a bear trap and lure the Thyla into the trap
5. Repeatedly shoot it in the head with whatever you’re using to knock it out
6. Once it’s knocked out, place COOKED meat in its inventory, it’s the only creature that prefers cooked meat over raw. You can also use Extraordinary kibble, which is produced by Magmasaur, Yutyrannus, Deinonychus, Rock Drake, Wyverns and Hespornis(golden egg)
7. Name your new Thylacoleo! It provides a bleeding effect to any wild creature, it can also climb vertical surfaces and pounce on creatures, it’s one of the best cave clearers out there!
Fly around on an argie while holding a parasaur on turret mode, the parasaur will sense it but make sure the thylacoleo can't reach you by flying high above so it hits the parasaur rather than you.