This is a tutorial on both getting through the tek cave and Overseer fight:
Get a tek chestpiece, either a tek rifle and/or decent pump shotgun along with a fair bit of ammo for your choice(s) and a chestplate with the glider suit attached. Grab some medbrews and a bit of element, fill in the remaining armor pieces and your trophies to open the tek cave. You’ll also want an otter to put your kit onto in case ascension decides to delete your stuff and for insulation since the arena is rather cold.
Open the tek cave, glide down the whole thing with your glider suit. Don’t land anywhere but the cold area at the back of the cave or you’ll get killed by the insane level creatures. Just fly on down into the cold area and run to the teleporter thing at the end, wait out the timer and relax and bask in your defeat of the tek cave with nothing but you and your otter!
However, the challenge at hand isn’t over yet. Put on your tek chestpiece and go into the arena to start the fight. There will be a hole in the ceiling just in front of where the overseer spawned. Jump up into the hole and land atop the pointy rock. This is the hole where the Overseer nearly cannot get you. Its minions, however, still can. You will need to occasionally shoot the little drones that decide to bother you. Avoid the Overseer’s laser beam attack when necessary and shoot the Overseer until it transforms. If it’s the spider or dragon, just keep shooting it. If it’s the megapithicus, shoot it, but be aware that the rock throw is actually capable of reaching your ledge and will probably kill you if it hits. Just boost up when it gets thrown and you should be fine. Repeat steps until dead. Just toss your kit onto your otter (or if playing pvp, you might want to risk it and just put your otter in a cryopod because someone outside the tek cave could steal your kit.) If you put your kit on your otter, it will be waiting for you at the entrance to the tek cave.
And there you go, you can now kill the overseer the easy peasy cheesy way!
Definitely my favourite and most memorable battle, I used a dire wolf pack of about 6, a Rex, two spinos, three theriz, an argent, and I rode on the back of a Yuty. Did this in single player without the help of my Ark buddies 👍🏻 These were all very high level dinos btw
This boss isn't really that hard. You can go in with assault rifles and riot gear and beat the boss with 7-10 players. Bring a ton of bullets and healing brews because the defense units do a good amount of damage. Rockets will take out the overseer super quick. Also bring fur gear because it gets cold in some parts. 3 sets of everything are a must in fighting the boss and units. Thank you.
I’m gonna let you in on a little secret; this boss wouldn’t be so bad if it weren’t for the tek cave! If you don’t know what the tek cave is, allow me to educate you! The tek cave is a cave accessible with tribute items (on gamma, it’s the three guardian trophies, on any other difficulty, it’s those plus some other trophies like alpha tuso eyes) and is found in the crater of the volcano. The levels of the creatures in this cave are really high, like, 710+ high! The creatures in the tek cave include arthropleura, purlovia, microraptor, giganotosaurus (with the exception of gamma) and more! Sounds hard, right? Well, not if you’re resourceful! This cave also has a bunch of lava, once you’ve got a pool of lava between you and an enemy, Fire a bullet and the creature usually swims right in! The lava can also be dangerous, easily weakening your Overseer army which is no fun. I recommend putting all your dinos in a massive Congo line! Get on top of your first dino, whistle follow one to the second, get on the second and whistle follow one to number three. Repeat that until all the dinos just kinda follow each other like a duck and babies!
And there you have it! The tek cave but just a little bit easier! Good luck, hope this helps!
Just made my first Tek Cave/Overseer run and it was a complete 💩🥴 attempt. Learn from my mistakes:
1. Take Rexes. Don't bother with any other dino except MAYBE a Yuty but be sure to put it at the back of your line of dinos. All other dinos are affected by Fear roar. Instant death on the back of my Yuty...
2. Be sure to load all of your dinos with food before going into the cave. Seems obvious but I also forgot That way your dinos can heal.
3. If you're playing in single player with difficutly set to 1, Gamma mode spawns dinos level 195+. After watching many youtube videos in preparation, I was under the impression wild dinos in the cave would be around lvl 50.
4. Make your strongest Rex the one you ride on through the cave, and be sure to put a tek saddle on it with plenty of element. That way you can shoot from the back of it. If you don't have the engram unlocked yet, you're most likely not ready to rub the cave yet.
5. Bring one set of ghillie, fur, and full tek gear for the boss battle. Bring as much ammo as possible. Bring fria curry and calien soups, the steak consumable is also a good one. Bring med brews, bring plenty of food.
Bonus: If it's your first time, over prepare but also be prepared to lose everything. Especially if you're playing on official/private server.