One of the worst things you need to tame for kibble, but this is how to do it:
1. Craft a wooden cage
2. Aggro it onto land
3. Place cage on top of it
4. Spend an hour killing fish and dragging them to it, feeding it through the bars carefully or you’ll open the cage and let it out.
5. You let it out, didn’t you? Pick the cage up and trap it again.
6. Watch out for that ichth- It stoke your fish... and half the stuff in your inventory. Kill it.
7. Cuss in frustration at every piranha on the Ark trying to eat you, then feed them to it too.
8. Finally finish taming the dumb bird - now just remember to keep feeding it fish forever.
Oh and watch out for Argentavis in the area, they like corpses and they don’t like you even if you’re carrying the corpse. They’ll steal your fish and then try to kill you.
Tame to this kill fish and drag there body to it and once tamed if you feed them more dead fish corpses it will build up and lay a golden egg which is used as a buff to certain dinos or oil or a player buff
Use a horse to lasso it, then you can move it around to new fish spawns when the area gets cleared. The horse can also step on the duck to pin it down, or simply use the lasso to keep it close while tribemates gather fish.