ARK: Survival Evolved Companion
Taming a dunklosteous is not too hard if you do this.
1. Get lazurous chowder or scuba gear
2. Have kibble or prime meat ready
3. Have at least 2 good crossbows. Kill some alpha raptors to get some.
4. Use a mount. I recommend a Sarcosichus or a Baryonyx. Make sure you can fire off of its back.
5. Find one. They typically spawn near the edge of the map on The Island.
6. Clear out any hostile creatures that are too close. They will interfere with your tame.
7. Shoot it full of tranqs. This may take a while. They are slow, so simply kite them while riding your mount.
8. Once they are knocked out, put kibble and/or prime meat in their inventory. They may need narcotics depending on the level. Make sure to protect them.
9. You now have a Dunklosteous! I suggest bringing a cryopod because they are very slow swimmers.
Hope this helps, good luck! :)
More Dunkleosteus Taming & KO Tips
Very easy to tame if you know what your doing. First tame an Ichthyosaur. Then grab a crossbow and some tranq arrows and find one and knock it out. It is not be able to attack if you are on the Ichthy. As you are taming it, be sure to remain on the Ichthy unless feeding narcs, so other creature don’t hurt you.
These are one of the few dinos that take less damage/topour from head shots. Aim for the body.
When it says 1.7% chance of death. It means it's going to die.
This thing is tough and you will see this on the deepest water on ark but this thing is slow and sometimes passive sometimes aggressive you can tame this but you need to trap this but be careful the bite of this is like a Rex but you can use this as Rock farmer
Bring more tranq arrows then you think! Mine took 100 at close range, on the body, at LEVEL 3.
I took cooked prime meat (stays better longer) and got mine in only four feedings. On an icthy they don’t chase (mobile player here) happy taming- Survivor Belle
Here’s a taming guide!: First you need tranq arrows between 99 and 200 because they are tanks! Second find them: They spawn at the edge of the map at the bottom of the sea. Next aim for the body! Nowhere else because it’s very hard to knock them out with headshots and Titanaboa Kibble or Superior Kibble is a good idea since it’s easier and lastly have fun with your new Slam Dunk! (Also bring a lot of bio toxin)
Anyone else surprised that their not hostile
They take roughly a fourth of the time it says to knock one with a tuso, the torpor from grabbing a dunkleo ignores it’s armor
How To Tame The Hard Way:
1.) Find A Squid
2.) Tame Squid
3.) Find Dunkleo
4.) Grab Dunkleo
5.) Shoot it With Compound And Toxicant
6.) Enjoy Your Dunkleo