Wild ones will do 1 damage per hit to stone...doesnt seem like much but if you can manage to quetzal in as many as you can find before starting a raid and get them to start atacking those numbers start stacking up...on top of almost being equal to a rex for base damage per hit and not easy to kill because of knockback...most turrets wont be on wilds and with the mate boost they wont die easy
1. Get tranq arrows and a crossbow
2. Find an anky of your desire
3. Shoot it in the head while walking backwards (they're slow so you can just walk while shooting)
4. When it runs away chase after it and shoot it
5. It'll be knocked out.
6. Feed it recommend food and any narcos if needed.
They get about 3x more metal than you! And depending on the level they can easily kill Raptors and other small predators.
They're found almost everywhere
Beaches, highlands, chalk hills, green forest, I've even see some near desert.