They are incredibly slow and you can easily outrun them even with default movement speed. In fact you can walk backwards and still outrun them, so backtrack and pelt them with your tranq of choice. If scorched earth use boomerangs, when they fall use kibble or Mejo berries. Some narcotics might be required depending on their level.
1. Get tranq arrows and a crossbow
2. Find an anky of your desire
3. Shoot it in the head while walking backwards (they're slow so you can just walk while shooting)
4. When it runs away chase after it and shoot it
5. It'll be knocked out.
6. Feed it recommend food and any narcos if needed.
They get about 3x more metal than you! And depending on the level they can easily kill Raptors and other small predators.
They're found almost everywhere
Beaches, highlands, chalk hills, green forest, I've even see some near desert.
Don't even need a trap. Just make sure the area is safe then tranq it. These guys are slow, so just don't be so next to them and you'll be fine. After knocked out, you'd better want a strong dino to protect it, because Ankylos take long to tame without kibble. And that's it, you'll have one of the best farmers of the game, very easy tame