Let it follow you to shore then when it somewhat shallow water, put spikes down so it can't swim away. Then you can feed it without it swimming away
It’s easy to tame :-
First:go find one in the oecan
Second:grab some raw fish meat
(In fact:They are very friendly so don’t worry)
(In fact2:don’t try to hit them them will give you a free tame)
The end/good luck at the game/)
If you’re on mobile and single player, don’t make a saddle! You get a free one after completing the tame icthy pursuit
How to raise an itchy
1. Go into the water for a good swim and see what you can find one
2. Once you see one it might swim up to you and hug you
3. Obtain meat to feed the marine reptile
4. Begin feeding the reptile WARNING: there is a bug that when they are hugging you they glitch and get you stuck and you could very well drown doing this so be careful.
5. Once tamed craft a saddle for it. It is fairly easy to craft the itchy saddle
Uses of the itchy when tamed:
1. They are extremely agile and swim faster than any other aquatic tame
2. For mobile players: they don’t get aggravated on by anything
3. They are so fast they do a full rotation around the island in less than 3 in game days
Weaknesses of the itchy when tamed:
1. They don’t have much health nor do they do much dmg
I recommend taming one of these while riding something cause they like to say hi to tames so they will just be chilling right by you while you tame them
Up if helpful down if unhelpful
Acctually i tamed one in ark mobile and it these guys dont jump😑😑😑 but the BEST PART of the icthy when harvesting that they collect so much hide! SO MUCH HIDE THAT I CRAFTED A TRIKE SADDLE
plz help the noobs!
It takes faster and easier with raw meat. But Dododex thinks it only eats raw pine meat and raw prime fish meat.
Also rip mine.
He was a friend to me :(
Best for killing scorpions on bottom of ocean floor since they don't take torpor. Scorpions down there will knock any other animals out. Once you kill it, hit it with a pickaxe to gather black pearls. Very useful for the next update with tek gear.
You can passive feed on these things on mobile making it easy to tame basilos mantas and eels
A bunch of these guys once protected me from a Megalodon and a Manta by swarming all around me to prevent my death...
Do not try taming near any shoreline. Every time one takes my food, it immediately regrets human interactions and commits harikiri by touching land.