You can feed it then use a bola (which doesn’t lower effectiveness) and after that use fence foundations and walls to keep it in place and ride it for the duration of the tame. No need for it to run around randomly.
TAMING STEP BY STEP:
1. Get your carbemynous( did I spell that right? ) and look for rocarrots(eat jungle ferns)
2. Once you have at least 30, go to south zone 3.
3. Look for the cliff and walk along it.
4. Once you see the lake thing, look for an equus.
5. Once found, look out for dilos, rexs, and theziosaurs.
Ps: Can be ridden without saddle.