I had a Spino once. His name was J.J. I loved him. But like always, good things always come to an end. We were out looking for giant turtles for their keratin when J.J. fell over the edge of a cliff. I was on my pteradon so I flew over the edge and J.J. was following me back to bace when he was killed my a therizinosaurus... I just sat there on my pteradon watching him be torn apart, unable to help... So now, my bace is called Fort J.J. in honor of him. I will always remember my most loyal friend.
For anybody who want to tame a Spinosaurus without build a stone trap, here is a tip.
1. Ride a flyer (a any level of Tapejara with alot of health is highly recommended )
2. Find a Spinosaurus near the green obelisk
3. Aggro it and lure it to the green obelisk (watch your distance between you and the Spinosaurus. Don't be to close or to far)
4. Just go to the obelisk till the Spinosaurus fell to the cliff
5. Land your Tapejara to the cliff ( this is why you need Tapejara) and start shooting it with tranq dart till it unconscious
6. Spinosaurus will stuck to the cliff as it try to run away due to taking enough torpor damage so it won't escape and you won't have to waste your time chasing the run away spino and save your dart
7. Feed it with meat according to the dododex
P.S clean the obelisk from any threat that will make your taming process failed such as titanoboa, dilo, and raptor. I play on mobile if that's important
Be aware of Genesis' X-Spinos, like all "X-"Dinos, having significantly increased damage resist, resulting in way more tranq darts needed than stated above. If you're going to tame an X-Spino, take at least double the amount with you!
Another sad story. I had a spino named Captain Fin. He was red and was really strong. I had him for one day before the tragic thing happened😟. I was on a metal run and it was super far, and after I got the metal I started heading back. I was really close to my base when he ran out of stamina but right then my game crashed! I came back as soon as possible but I had died so I went out to look for my spino, but the sky turned super yellow and hot and I couldn’t see him so I had no choice but to go back. Then while I was helpless in my base I saw words saying, “captain Fin level 76 killed by Therezino lvl 80. :(
So anyways all this to say, spinos are great tames!