Because this is the first creature in ark that will be able to mindbend with other dinos, they might create a new way of taming it. Taming sacrifices have been done with the troodon, and it might be the same with the noglin. But does anyone think it would be cool if wildcard DID start to create a new type of taming!?
You let it latch onto your tames in order to tame it. But reminder! It can’t be a bred tame only “fresh”. So you can tame a dino (ex Carb/Turtle) and feed it to the noglin but you can’t say feed it a bunch of rexs you hatched and raised. Hope this helps and makes some sense!
You can use Sanguine elixer from a Desmodus to finish up the last 30 percent of the tame. I use 4 Voidwryms and net them so they don't fly away. Then net the noglin (didn't reduce effectiveness for me) with the elixer in your hot bar and go up to it and it should light up ready to use, and bam say hi to your new noglin. Didn't see this anywhere and wanted to share
I’ve tried everything to get one of these! Hours! Finally mastered it! Ok u find them at around 50, 29 on Gen 2. I go above the cave on the flat metal area.
1) kill all wild Dino’s in area (besides the noglins)
2) make sure u have a ton (I have like 20 tames) tamed from wild (not bred) Turtles & Diplos. (Either or both) All with great saddles for protection. All levels into health!
3) No trap, just got them out with a Dino leash set on medium. Noglins don’t like being trapped!
4) whistle them passive
5) find a noglin, if he’s far, u can net him & carry with a PT or other flyer & drop him in ur tame pile
6) if he runs instead of agro…then shoot him with a tranq dart with a basic level long neck to reset his taming.
7) if he starts to tame then u notice that he stops & starts losing effectiveness, then tranq him to restart! Don’t attempt to keep trying to get it back up, it won’t! As soon as u see it start to drop, RE TRANQ! And start over!
I'm finding that on servers with higher Wild Dino levels, 5 Brontos are not enough for max efficiency. And since Noglins will eat 5 dinos before they lose efficiency, they are impossible to get max efficiency when taming them.