ARK: Survival Evolved Companion
Hi I’m the tame helper and help all of you guys tame a mantis 1 you’ll need rhino horns or deathworm horns 2 I recommend a mantis deaggro trap which is one stone foundation lurk it in with 6 walls beside and in front of it and 2 doorways
More Mantis Taming & KO Tips
They can tame fast with rhino horns. Up so Dododex can change the info please and thank you
These should have something else to tame them with besides horns. Like a kibble, spoiled meat, etc. don’t you agree?
Do not be me and knock out a 150 after searching 3 hours coming to realize it's a passive tame.
How to Tame a Mantis:
1. Absolutely obliterate some Deathworms because you’re a gigachad and don’t feel fear..or you can kill some Woolly Rhinos, that works too.
2. Prepare, get a full suit of ghillie armor and maybe some bug repellent just to be sure. Get your deathworm horns and make it to the desert or wherever you’re taming it
3. Find a nice Mantis, probably 145-150, sneak up on it and shove the horns right up it’s ass
4. Name your Mantis, they can hold a variety of tools, pickaxes, hatchets, swords and pikes, they also have a jump attack that’ll drain stamina but does quite a lot of damage
Please don’t listen to the boy who said with bug repellant, ghille and cactus broth that the aggro range is “literally zero” cause it’s not.. you can get super duper close without aggravating it but you can’t get too close so still be careful and try not to stand so close you can touch it or it will STILL AGGRO.
Mantis can now be tamed with Wooly Rhino Horns
Kill every vulture in area if can. They will aggro on mantis and make tameing bar restart.
1. Build a 1x1 box, 2 walls high with a ramp or stairs on one side.
2. Get the snippy psycho to follow you into the box.
3. Once it's in there, run out of aggro range and come back.
4. Start taming with rhino or deathworm horns through the wall.
No ghillie or bug spray needed!
Use bug repellent and cactus broth when taming, this makes agro range literally 0.
You can find deathworm statues around the volcano on fjordur Midgard which when harvested give deathworm horns